|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 18, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Estonia - Residence Permit Jobs
Java Developer - Anti Money Laundering
Product engineers only
Here at TransferWise we don’t hire coders, who pick up tickets from a backlog and push code to production without considering value and impact.
As part of the Anti Money Laundering Team, you'll be making sure that we stay compliant, do the best we can to find people abusing our system for unlawful purposes, and still being relentlessly customer focused.
What you’ll be working on:
- TransferWise is complex under the hood, but we’re just getting started. With our own payment rails, there are lots of opportunities to build new products and services on them.
- At its core, our stack is Java microservices, using Netflix OSS offerings, and SPAs written in Angular 1/React, with a legacy Grails monolith. We are moving quickly to proven distributed technologies that can be scaled (Kafka, Zookeeper, Eureka, Bouncer + much more)
More details: http://tech.transferwise.com/the-transferwise-stack-heartbeat-of-our-little-revolution/
- Integrating with a variety of partners and providers across the world, so our customers can send money across borders with minimal fuss and maximum confidence
- Getting to the core of the customer’s problems by conducting interviews, answering support and figure out what TransferWise is to the customer and how it can be improved
- What do you want to be working on? Autonomous teams come up with their own plans, there is no hierarchy telling you what to do.
- Passionate about technology, its relationship with business, and customer experience.
- Ability to work independently and plan your own solutions to problems.
- Experience building backend systems, preferably using Java 8
- Hands on with relational databases (e.g. MySQL), writing queries and schema design
- Built something with an MVC Framework
- Understand test driven development (TDD), writing testable code, and the desire to write tests.
- Excitement to work in a high-growth company and fully dive into the revolution.
- Be creative, communicative, and fun to work with.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with financial systems, compliance, risk, fraud, or Anti Money Laundering
- Practice the teachings of Uncle Bob and Martin Fowler
- PostgreSQL, advanced types and query features
- Machine learning or other data driven development experience
- Event driven architecture
- REST microservices
- Spring (Boot), Hibernate, Lombok
- Groovy experience
- PHP experience
- Be a TransferWise customer
Apart from the all-expenses-paid company trips, stock options in one of Europe’s most hotly tipped startups, a laptop and team lunches every other Thursday, you won’t get much in the way of extras. However, we will give you 28 days holiday a year (plus public holidays), a fun, friendly atmosphere, plenty of opportunities to grow and the chance to be part of our little revolution. Oh, and coffee, there’s plenty of coffee.
Not from Estonia? - No stress, we will help you (and your family) to relocate from any part of the world!
Who we are
TransferWise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders - so people and businesses can send and receive any currency effortlessly, whenever, wherever.
Sure, the heart of what we do is international money transfer. And we’re committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. But we’re growing our other products and our teams at an exciting pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
What it’s really like to work here
At TransferWise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up that learn from each other.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues from all over TransferWise.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Estonia - Residence Permit Jobs