|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Kowloon, Hong Kong|
|Date Posted||January 26, 2018|
Hong Kong - GEP Visa Jobs
Lalamove is now seeking an Amazing™ Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing Infrastructure team. The team is central within the Engineering organisation at Lalamove whose focus is on whole-platform performance, optimisation and uptime through automation. We are always seeking the best solution to a problem and our philosophy is that it is more important that things are done right rather than quick. You will possess a high level of technical curiosity and be comfortable with not just solving problems but problems that only few other companies have faced before.
At Lalamove, we value the ideas of all our teammates and it is important that you can contribute right away both with your input and hands on engineering. You will have an opportunity to make an immediate impact that improves the quality of our infrastructure.
What you’ll do:
- Continuous integration and delivery of our applications on top of Kubernetes and AWS with the aim of improving operations reliability, performance and cost
- Help out and fix bugs and implement features in upstream open source projects, written mainly in Go, Python and Java
- Defining and deploying monitoring and logging systems to help the business and engineering better understand the performance of the live system
- Encourage best practices and systems operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Take part in automation process, help and coach developers about getting code they’ve written into production safely and reliably
- Participate in technical meetings to understand business requirements in order to plan and integrate a system that is viable and scalable and ensures business continuity
- Exercise a high level of autonomy within the problem space, but also feel confident that you have the support you need to deliver
What you’ll have:
- At least 1 year of professional experience with site reliability or DevOps
- Have written Dockerfiles from scratch
- Experience or interest in working with Kubernetes
- Experience with maintaining infrastructure as code
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, node.js and/or Golang)
- Application programming experience in PHP/Python/node.js including writing tested code
- Experience with database performance and operations
- Experience with deploying applications inside Kubernetes using Helm, Spinnaker or other automation solutions
Originally founded in 2013 as EasyVan, Lalamove is Asia’s leading local delivery platform with a presence in more than 100 cities. Lalamove’s mission of making local delivery faster and simpler is driven through harnessing the power of mobile internet to bring the sharing economy to logistics . In the past 5 years, more than one million customers and hundreds of thousands of professional van, motorcycle, lorry and truck drivers across the region have used Lalamove to help their business grow.
Lalamove revolutionizes the local logistics landscape with innovations such as instant order matching, GPS vehicle tracking, 24/7 services, and drivers rating. Not only does the service help fulfil customers’ business needs, it also makes our cities greener by helping drivers optimize their work which ultimately means we need fewer vehicles on the road.
Lalamove is currently expanding pan-Asia, with operations already in Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan, Vietnam, Philippines and China. Our aspirations, however, do not stop there as we set the global standard on how goods move within cities around the globe.
Lalamove look for those individuals who display a combination of passion, execution, grit and humility in all that they do. If you’re up for the challenge, we look forward to speaking with you.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) Hong Kong - GEP Visa Jobs