|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 26, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Cox Automotive is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Atlanta, GA. Your focus will be the creation and maintenance of web and mobile based software applications as required, to support the program goals at Manheim, a Cox Automotive brand.
Senior Engineers are responsible for the analysis, estimation, design, implementation, deployment, management and daily operations of the technology infrastructure. They are also tasked with driving and implementing operational improvements through optimization of system performance, automation and judicious use of technology. Technology architecture strength and operational rigor are capabilities needed to successfully execute this position.
- Ability to stand-up prototype applications
- Adding new features to our auction software
- Work in a team environment applying both Agile methodologies SCRUM and Extreme Programming (XP).
- Ensuring our Agile team philosophy is followed and promoted, strong relationship building with the QA, BA, and Business Owners is central to this role
- Thrive to understand our industry to become a strong partner in the team, and a better consultant to our business owners
- Ability to lead the engineering team
- Ability to mentor more junior engineers as well as other team members in our QA roles
- Work with our Quality Assurance, Release Engineering, and Site Operations teams to get our releases into production
- Assist in production support and on call duty as needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years in managing software applications including web based
- 3+ years’ experience working in large scale high performance web environments
What We Look For:
- Must understand the difference between “being Agile” and “doing Agile”
- Experience writing SQL queries and strong knowledge of relational database structures
- Ability to successfully resolve stressful production issues
- Application build tools experience like Ant, Maven, Git, Docker
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools like Cruisecontrol, Drone, Hudson, or Jenkins
The successful candidate we seek must have a demonstrable track record of achieving success in a dynamic, fast-paced start up environment. Superior communication skills, the ability to work across the organization, excellent analytical skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to participate in a team environment are keys to this position.
Ready to Challenge Today and Transform Tomorrow? Apply today.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs