|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 26, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Cox Automotive is currently looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our Media Analytics Product Group in Burlington, VT.
At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take an important role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our software engineers are part of an energetic team that build world-class solutions to benefit the auto-buying public, dealers and manufacturers. At Cox Automotive, you’ll be immersed in an environment that values your teamwork and creative problem-solving techniques while encouraging you to continue to learn new skills and technologies.
Risk-taking is encouraged here and we reward great results. Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons and brain-storming sessions to sprint reviews, you’ll be immersed in an environment that encourages bringing fresh ideas to the table with an innovative mindset. Giving back to the community is important at Cox Automotive. You will be given time during working hours to volunteer at local charities.
Technologies We Use:
- Amazon: AWS SDK, with emphasis on deploying solutions in EMR, Elastic Beanstalk, ElastiCache, S3, and AWS cloud-native architectures
- DevOps Tools: NewRelic, Sumo, Jenkins, InfluxDB, Grafana, PagerDuty
As a Lead Software Engineer on the Media Analytics Product team, you will lead a software team that designs and develops robust and scalable analytics processing applications. You will lead the team with implementing data access services that operate with maximum throughput and minimum latency. You will be an accomplished, well-rounded developer with an expert understanding of the appropriate use of best practices and frameworks for high volume data processing and analytics. You will lead and mentor more junior engineers on good software practices. You will be passionate about exploring the use of innovative technologies and techniques and evaluating them for suitability in our environment.
- Lead a team of software engineers that design and develop code that consistently adheres to good programming practices
- Participate in architectural sessions and provide solutions to complex problems
- Design, develop, and maintain high volume Java and Scala based data processing jobs using industry standard tools and frameworks in the Hadoop ecosystem, such as Spark, Kafka, Hive, Impala, Avro, Flume, Oozie, and Sqoop
- Design and maintain schemas in our analytics database
- Live by Agile (particularly Scrum) principles and collaborate with team members using Agile techniques including test driven development, code reviews, and retrospectives
- Passionate technologists with an innovative mindset
- Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of professional application development experience with a proven ability to deliver projects on time
- Strong Java skills
- Experience with Scala preferred
- Hands-on experience with designing and implementing on AWS is preferred
- Experience with designing and implementing high volume data processing jobs
- Working knowledge of Map-Reduce in Hadoop
- Strong database development skills, including advanced SQL, relational and NoSQL database technologies
Ready to Challenge Today and Transform Tomorrow? Apply now.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs