|at ( view profile)|
|Location||New Hyde Park, NY|
|Date Posted||January 27, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Cox Automotive is currently looking for a Software Engineer to join our Retail Analytics Product Group in North Hills/Long Island, NY.
At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take a leading role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our Software Engineers are energetic influencers who thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems, and delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable collaborating within the Agile methodology as part of a cross-functional team, have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who have the passion and skills to take our product offerings to the next level.
As a Software Engineer you will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, while contributing to the engineering efforts of one of our scrum teams. You will be challenged to engineer right-sized solutions for complex business problems. You will apply your knowledge of modern software design, best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability. You will aspire to use new technologies and challenge yourself to develop innovative solutions. You will work alongside developers and technical leads on a team where collaborative programming and mentoring is regularly practiced
- Contribute to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
- Build software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of stakeholders.
- Understand technical architecture and writes software and automated tests that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
- Perform trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
- Work with Product Management to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
- Recommend viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
- Foresee capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 3-5 years of working experience
- Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
- Working experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Working experience with application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
- Working experience with appropriate database technology
Ready to Challenge Today and Transform Tomorrow? Apply now.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs