|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 27, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Big Data Developer - Software Engineer
We are looking for software engineer with expertise in Apache SPARK to join our software team. The candidate will implement in Scala to process data for use in a Commercial Data Warehouse based on AWS + other partner solutions. The candidate would have good design sense that will help very large data sets be consumable by a range of disciplines.
The candidate will contribute to components of our Data Warehouse platform a range of data warehouse related software such as data modeling, setting up relational and dimensional databases, transforming data using Scala, and writing advanced SQL based scripts and tools.
Communication with different disciplines will be an important aspect. As we have teams in multiple geographies, the importance of oral communication, and being a positive team player is just greater.
- Apache Spark Expertise, especially in Scala
- Expert level knowledge of SQL, data modeling and database architecture
- Hands on experience with Java
- Hands on experience with Basic Scripting languages including Shell Script
- Working experience of Databricks or similar
- Knowledge of concepts such as data warehouse, star schemas, KPIs
- Hands on experience with Linux, HDFS, HIVE, HADOOP
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Be able to organize ideas and technical details; and present work clearly through the product lifecycle
- Ability to work in an agile environment
- Experienced in designing and implementing data layers and middle tiers aimed at business intelligence applications
- Degree in Computer Science or a related subject
- Experience with columnar data sources such as Redshift, Parquet, etc.
- Hands on experience with AWS
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA™ offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
IQVIA™ has approximately 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, all committed to making the potential of Human Data Science a reality, and we are actively hiring.
We are strategic thinkers, innovative technologists, deep subject matter experts and data evangelists who are passionate about driving better performance in healthcare. We are collaborative, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial and disruptive. Plus we have the resource and structure of a large company in an environment where we empower our people to create their own solutions.
Eradicating disease and improving global healthcare provide a great sense of purpose for the work that we do. You will join a very collaborative working environment, have hands-on leadership and use the latest agile methodologies at the core of our work. You will work with very little legacy technology, allowing you the freedom to innovate with your own ideas and solutions. We evaluate and adopt the latest languages and libraries, and seek to place the power of machine learning at the heart of every product.
You will have access to the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, the best analytics tools and, in our opinion, some of the finest minds in the Healthcare industry. We are a rapidly growing organisation driven by the constant evolution of powerful, first-of-their-kind technologies that are pushing the field of data science and computing to new heights.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs