|at ( view profile)|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||March 12, 2018|
United Kingdom - Tier 1 Visa Jobs
Technology is at the heart of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP and is the driving force behind its success. Our in-house technology team allows The Group to give customers and brand partners the best possible experience across content and commerce, and to continually innovate and lead the online luxury industry.
YNAP Group are recruiting a Senior DevOps Engineer to work as part of the Continuous Integration (CI) Team within the Global E-Commerce Operations area. Reporting to the CI Tech Lead, the successful candidate will be involved in developing and maintaining YNAP Group’s CI/CD solution, enabling delivery teams to autonomously build and deploy in-house developed and 3rd party applications and services. The candidate will also be involved in automating the provisioning and configuration of cloud and on premise virtual infrastructure. The team is responsible for training other teams in the use of the CI/CD tooling and supporting their migration from legacy tools.
YNAP group is a highly collaborative environment requiring candidates to work with skilled engineers across a number of teams and geographic locations.
As a senior member of the team you will be proactive in leading technical direction, engage directly with senior stakeholders and promote the tools and services provided by Engineering Services to the wider IT team through showcases and workshops. You will act as a mentor for members of your team as well as developers from other teams and be proactive in defining and promoting best practices.
We run an on-call rota to ensure we support our work. You’ll participate in this rota as part of your day-to-day work.
- Engineer complete CI/CD solution using a combination of open-source and commercial technologies and in-house developed tools as appropriate.
- Train and support other delivery teams in the use of YNAP CI/CD tooling.
- Develop and maintain the automated provisioning of YNAP CI/CD components.
- Ensure all CI/CD systems are highly available, resilient and backed up.
- Work with monitoring and NOC teams to define monitoring requirements for CI/CD systems and ensure effective support model.
- Coach more junior members of the team in technology and working practices.
- Research new technologies and assess suitability to be incorporated into future YNAP CI/CD solutions.
- Work with stakeholders to understand their needs and continually improve the CI/CD product offering.
Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate has a degree in Computer Science or similar and has gained 3/5 years of experience working in medium or large companies:
- Excellent knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles and methodologies.
- Experience in software development and build/release management in private and public cloud.
- Expert knowledge of CI Management tools (Jenkins 1&2, Team City).
- Good understanding of build tools (Maven, Ant, Gradle, Make).
- Strong knowledge of version control software (Git, Bitbucket).
- Good understanding of artefact management (Artifactory).
- Experience in some or all of AWS services and technologies (ElasticBeanstalk, AWS CLI, ELB, Autoscaling, LaunchConfig, VPC, S3).
- Excellent knowledge of modern Configuration Management tools (Ansible, Puppet).
- Experience of infrastructure provisioning tools and processes (Terraform, Packer)
- Understanding of containerization principles and frameworks (Docker).
- Excellent scripting skills (Bash, Python, Ruby).
- Good knowledge of computer security and identity management.
- Experience of system and application monitoring (Zabbix, Grafana, JMX).
- Strong background in Linux systems.
- Experience in working with Agile methodologies and DevOps principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Reports to: CI Tech Lead
Location: London, W12
Hours: 37.5hrs/week plus OOH support
Our in-house technology team allows us to give customers and brand partners the best possible experience across content and commerce, and to continually innovate and lead the online luxury retail industry.
Uniquely positioned in the high growth online luxury sector, YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP has an unrivalled client base of more than 2.9 million high-spending customers, 29 million monthly unique visitors worldwide and combined 2016 net revenues of €1.9 billion. We have offices and operations in the United States, Europe, Japan, China and Hong Kong and delivers to more than 180 countries around the world.
What's important to us:
- A customer-centric approach, focused on Mobile usage
- Personalised customer journey powered by Smart Data
- Creative Content for our customers
- Impeccable Service as part of the shopping experience
What our future looks like:
A big piece of our roadmap is focused on Artificial Intelligence (AI). We will be developing an AI-enabled virtual personal stylist tool that can recommend items based on image recognition, personalised preferences and contextual data like location and weather forecast! We’re using the abundance of smart data we have to provide an enhanced customer experience and thus maintain our position as the World Leader in luxury content and commerce.
And what we're passionate about:
We are really particularly focused on investing in the tech leaders of the future and through this we take part in the Hour of Code initiative to raise awareness of computer science and teach people the basic skills of computer programming.
In addition we have also partnered with Imperial College London, one of the world’s leading universities, to launch the “Imperial CodeLab Powered by YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP”, which aims to boost digital skills, particularly among girls, and develop a diverse talent pool of future innovators. Find out more here.
Targeted at children between the ages of 8 and 14, with a particular focus on the West London community, CodeLab introduces children to computer science and looks to tackle the lack of diversity and gender equality within the technology industry.
We have also partnered with a Coding Group - West London Coders - a 400 strong group who meet bi-weekly at our offices. The group spend time with our YNAP developers who share their knowledge and experience. We also throw in pizzas and drinks for lunch!
Hackathons are part of our technology culture here at YNAP. We've hosted over 10 tech-wide Hackathons across the Group along with countless smaller Hack Days within teams. We believe that Hackathons not only help bring our tech teams together, but also aid us innovating and leading the way in the industry. Our recent winners from our International Hackathons have been sent on Company-paid trips to China and the US! Have a look at one here!
Also, take a look at our brand new London Tech Hub, in White City. This new space is our new playground for more innovation and digital expertise!
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United Kingdom - Tier 1 Visa Jobs