|at ( view profile)|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||March 12, 2018|
United Kingdom - Tier 1 Visa Jobs
As part of McKinsey & Company Inc UK, QuantumBlack helps our clients use their own data to drive better decisions. With the combination of business experience, expertise in large-scale data analysis, solid software engineering know-how and advanced visualizations, we help our clients to deliver better results. From aerospace to finance to Formula One, we help our clients prototype, develop, and deploy bespoke data science and data visualisation solutions to make better decisions. We established QuantumBlack to re-imagine how organisations could continuously improve and out learn their rivals. Today, we’re still fascinated by how the smallest edge or marginal gain can have a major impact.
As a QA Engineer, you will be responsible for testing complex interactive applications. Knowledge of front-end and back-end development processes and environments are essential and respecting the quality of the end-product and taking in pride in the work is a must. You will test across various browsers and devices, and document and communicate the user experience to ensure a seamless result.
- Analyse the requirements and creation of test plan
- Involved in the creation of Functional, System, Integration and Regression test cases and procedures
- Execute software tests (Manual/Automated) and document test results
- Technical trouble-shooting
- Logging, monitoring and retesting of bugs found
- Creation and maintenance of test and environment data
- Day-to-day planning of individual QA assignments.
- Work closely with developers, business analysts, support and management to understand requirements and product direction. Occasional interaction with clients may be required.
- Provide regular updates on progress and/or issues relating to test(QA) activities
- Active in Agile meetings when required for planning, retrospectives
Skills and Qualifications:
- A degree in Computer Engineering or a related IT degree
- Demonstrable interest in machine learning (formal accreditation preferred, e.g. further degree or Coursera course)
- Extensive experience in a field such as: pharmaceuticals or automotive
- ISTQB qualified (foundation)
- Software Testing experience (mandatory, e.g. with VeriStand and Test Stand)
- Experience of working in an Agile environment (mandatory)
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server / basic SQL (mandatory)
- Jira (mandatory)
- Experience of working in a Big-Data/Data Analytics project (advantageous)
- Testing Mobile Applications (preferable)
- Performance testing for global enterprise websites and applications (advantageous)
- Experience of scripting using languages like Python, C# and Java
- Experience of Docker and containerisation
- Experience of testing applications built using NodeJS, Scala, Python
- Exposure to the following (advantageous): CircleCI9, APL, CANoe and CAN, configuration management software like Serena Dimensions or SVN
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
QuantumBlack is an advanced analytics firm operating at the intersection of strategy, technology and design to improve performance outcomes for organisations.
Here at Quantumblack we use the application of advanced analytics techniques and data-driven insights to help solve real world problems. Our engineering teams are pioneering the development of software and solutions that connect data, technologies and humans.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United Kingdom - Tier 1 Visa Jobs