|at ( view profile)|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||March 13, 2018|
United Kingdom - Tier 1 Visa Jobs
We at QuantumBlack help our clients use their own data to drive better decisions. With the combination of business experience, expertise in large-scale data analysis, solid software engineering know-how and advanced visualizations, we help our clients to deliver better results. From aerospace to finance to Formula One, we help our clients prototype, develop, and deploy bespoke data science and data visualisation solutions to make better decisions.
Interested? Thought so! Have a look at some of the different types of work we do on our web site – www.quantumblack.com
Right now, you’re a very full-stack software engineer with an interest in machine learning, microservices, distributed computing and cloud infrastructure. You know how to engineer beautiful code in several technologies and take pride in what you produce. You’re exceptionally talented, and looking to work in a highly collaborative and cross-functional team consisting of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Engineers working on building world leading machine learning, AI and data solutions at QuantumBlack.
What you'll do
- Work collaboratively to build QuantumBlack’s next generation of products and applications in order to help bring lasting impact for our clients across the globe
- Help scope and define our latest products and act as a 'go-to' specialist in engineering to help out delivery teams create well-engineered and effective solutions for a whole host of clients from F1 teams to mining companies
- Work across the teams setting patterns and practices – you will work closely with data engineers, scientists, developers, designers and project managers. We strongly promote idea-sharing, constant development and the opportunity to learn and develop skills with fellow experts
- Produce libraries, APIs, tools and consumable frameworks – we are a tech agnostic company and our people have a genuine interest in learning the latest and greatest tech to help improve the innovative solutions we provide to clients
- Work with junior engineers, and non-engineers (i.e. Data Scientists) as a mentor on best practices
- Work with our clients on delivering new to world solutions utilising machine learning and AI
To work at QB in our talented engineering team we need the following skillset and experience:
- Deep and passionate knowledge of software engineering principles and practices
- Experience in working, or a strong desire to work, throughout the stack. From cloud systems and automation, to complex data and analytics, to tooling, to front-end
- Strong desire to embrace automation in your day to day work, from comprehensive automated testing to deployments and everything in between
- Interest in Big Data and machine learning technologies, such as Spark, Hadoop/Hive, Kafka, *SQL, NoSQL tools, TensorFlow, Keras, SciKitLearn
- Awareness and experience in working Docker and various cloud providers
As well as a competitive base salary we also offer the following benefits and perks at QuantumBlack
- Personal Development allowance - to be put towards courses, workshops and conferences. Anything that is going to help you grow in your role at QB!
- Competitive yearly bonus
- A generous non-contributory pension
- Regular free breakfasts and lunches in the office
- Regular team and whole company social events
- Funded hobby societies/sports teams to join
QuantumBlack is an advanced analytics firm operating at the intersection of strategy, technology and design to improve performance outcomes for organisations.
Here at Quantumblack we use the application of advanced analytics techniques and data-driven insights to help solve real world problems. Our engineering teams are pioneering the development of software and solutions that connect data, technologies and humans.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United Kingdom - Tier 1 Visa Jobs