|Date Posted||April 3, 2018|
Japan - Working visa Jobs
Zeppelin Inc. is seeking experienced and energetic Android Developers at different levels for our office in Harajuku, Tokyo (Japan).
What we are building
FEELIT is a fast, simple, and fun way to share videos with anyone in the world. It is a decentralized mobile platform for creating video experiences of your favorite moments and share them with your friends and family anytime and anywhere with no effort.
What you will do
- As a member of the engineering team you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base.
- You will solve day-to-day problems related to (but not specifically) video compression, streaming, and data aggregation through the use of visual programming, machine learning, and computer vision.
- While your core responsibilities and duties are focused on Android app development, we believe in organic self growth.
- You will raise the bar by reviewing other's code, sharing knowledge, tips and tricks, and generally helping out - within and across teams. At Zeppelin we call this principle 'Your Problem is My Problem'.
Skills and Requirements
- You are a computer science, software engineering, information technology graduate, or similar
- You have at-least 4 years of relevant work experience in software development
- You have working knowledge of RxJava 2 and/or Kotlin
- You have strong CS fundamentals, including Data Structures/Algorithms
- Experience in profiling, unit testing, and web socket programming is preferred
- Knowledge on JUnits, Mockito, Dagger 2 and ability to 'design' apps is considered a plus
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. In your cover letter include:
- Play store links to apps you have built
- Other things you've made/built/collaborated on (e.g. Github, Stackoverflow profile etc.)
- What excites you about living and working in Tokyo, specifically with us
- Salary expectations you have, if any
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
If you would like to learn more about our organization and culture have a look at our website. In addition follow us on Instagram and Twitter. We also publish a light novel about Japanese work culture and why we're different.
Our engineering team is a powerhouse made up of just three engineers with different cultural and developer backgrounds. You'll find their poetry to be just as good as their trigonometry.
We're not all about algorithms or trending frameworks. We make room for randomness and non-linear ways of thinking because behavior, cultures, and peoples cannot be evaluated in mathematical terms.
We collaborate with our design team (which is quite big) and focus the majority of our time on FEELIT (which is by the way is our first product and startup). When we're not chasing deadlines, we dabble in IoT, data science, voice/natural language processing and computer vision.
When we're not being engineers we cook, garden, or just stroll through Harajuku or Shibuya.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) Japan - Working visa Jobs