|Date Posted||April 14, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
We are looking for a full stack C# web developer to join our team in Houston. We are a Microsoft shop with a cloud based infrastructure hosted on Amazon Web Services. The work we do is firmly rooted in the .Net Framework, with development in C#, SQL Server and MVC 5. We also work heavily with jQuery and Bootstrap. This team is responsible for building, maintaining and enhancing systems that automate parts of an industry that either did not exist before, or were exclusively performed by humans. You will play a crucial role in taking our products to the next level and growing a solution that helps thousands of Texans every day.
Our team comprises of good natured people who enjoy coming to work every day. We have a pragmatic approach to application development: we're building products to help people, and helpful products should be easy to use.
If this sounds like something that might interest you, we want to hear from you.
Skills & Requirements
What you'll bring
- A good attitude, a sense of humor and the desire to learn
- A passion for web development and technology in general
- A desire to take something that's always been done a certain way and make it simpler
- A firm enough grasp on the technologies that make the web tick to recognize when a product is usable by a human
- Working knowledge of relational database systems
- Experience working with the following technologies
- ASP.Net MVC
- SQL Server
- Nice to have
- .Net Core
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS and Redshift)
What we'll bring
- An array of projects that are exciting, fun to work on, and satisfying to deliver
- A team that will not only value your input but welcome it
- A quiet work environment with flexible hours
- A computer that won't slow you down, with the latest development tools in the market
- An ergonomic workspace with a sit/stand desk, should you want one
- A free gym and a kitchen stocked with free coffee, sodas, snacks and meals
- Medical and dental health benefits and other insurance coverage
What we'll do together
- Build software solutions that help tens of thousands of people
We are a small energy company that's building technology-based solutions to save consumers time and money on their electricity consumption.
The deregulation of electricity in Texas has brought over 2000 electricity rate offers to residential customers from over a 135 different providers, and the extra competition has lead the electric providers to get more and more creative with their contract terms. The average consumer just doesn't have the time or the tools to find the right plan for themselves.
We've built a technological solution to this problem. Our systems find the rate program that makes the most sense for you, based on how much electricity you use, and when. It's something large commercial and industrial consumers have been doing for decades, but it's never been cost effective for anyone to do it for residential customers before. Until now.
Let's face it, shopping for electricity is about as exciting as a mayonnaise sandwich on stale whole wheat bread, and we're on a mission to ogre-haul how it is done. While we love our bots, it's the ogres that make the magic happen. We've got a great team of hard working, friendly people who actually enjoy coming to work. And we'd love for you to join us!
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs