|Date Posted||April 15, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
The Technology group at mobile.de is responsible for driving product development and innovation for our platform. We work in small focused teams following agile methodology. Cross functional feature teams including product management, software development and UX work together on a daily basis to create successful products that have impact and delight our customers.
In order to shape the look and feel of one of the top 10 most-visited German web pages, we are looking for a Lead Software Engineer (m/f) for our office Dreilinden closed to Berlin.
- You build high quality products and components that meet the business needs and follow technology strategy
- You mentor junior members of your team, helping them grow and prosper
- You continuously improve the code quality and maintainability of products
- You have an active role in the whole software development cycle, working closely together with business, product management, UX, site ops and other software developers to find the best possible solutions
- You not only contribute to, but also drive knowledge sharing within and between teams
- As part of the Technology group at mobile.de you are responsible for driving product development and innovation for our platform
- You take ownership and pride in what you build and take care of your products/components in their entire lifecycle (from conceptual planning to maintenance)
- You have several years of experience as a backend developer and strong experience with an object oriented programming language (experience with Java or Kotlin is a plus)
- You have strong experience with microservices architecture and have a strong understanding of REST and event driven approaches (experience with Kafka is a plus)
- You have strong experience working with databases, preferably MySQL and MongoDB and experience with search engines like Elasticsearch is also a plus
- You are passionate about writing clean code that works and take into account the big picture when developing software
- You are eager to learn and take on new challenges, you enjoy trying out new technologies and approaches but are pragmatic about them
- You have experience working in agile cross-functional teams, working with frameworks like Scrum or Kanban
- Experience with continuous delivery and build pipelines (Jenkins, Git, Gradle/Maven), DevOps experience is a plus
- Excellent English language skills, German language skills not required, but a plus
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you're interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay - a company you can be proud to be a part of. With 1.6 million vehicles and 7.29 million unique users per month, mobile.de is Germany's biggest vehicle marketplace online. The mobile.de GmbH employs 300 coworkers, including 120 engineers. The company is located in Kleinmachnow-Dreilinden just outside of Berlin. It is a part of the eBay Classifieds Group. The Technology group at mobile.de is responsible for driving product development and innovation for our platform. We work in small focused teams following agile methodology. Cross functional feature teams including product management, software development and UX work together on a daily basis to create successful products that have impact and delight our customers. What do we offer? Dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce and professionalism International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc. An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget (language courses, softskill training and mentoring), company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use. Home office possibilities A great campus with fitness center (yoga, pilates, cycling), table soccer, bike rental, coffee-bar, canteen and shuttle-service Interested? We are looking forward to your online application at https://careers.ebayinc.com/join-our-team/start-your-search/find-jobs-by-location/detail/germany. mobile.de is a Subsidiary of eBay.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs