|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||April 16, 2018|
Canada - Work Permit Jobs
The successful candidate will be hands-on leading the efforts of a talented software engineering team engaged in the development of custom applications used by internal business units. The candidate will take full technical ownership of the delivered solutions, will coach a team of software engineers, and will be engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle (using Agile methodologies, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration) including software architecture and design.
As a Lead Engineer, you will:
- Reporting to the product manager, you will collaborate with product analysis, software engineers, and operations engineers to uncover pain points and opportunities to deliver new business value through software
- Prototype and build new functionality to deliver on key product objectives
- Deliver an exceptional user experience to our customers, through the delivery of products and services with strong and scalable architectural design
- Maintain and support these services, with accountability for production reliability and usage, and the delivery of new functionality
- Develop junior engineers and their growth within the organization
You will bring and continuously build upon the following skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent IT experience
• 7+ years of experience developing Java based web applications/services
• 3+ years of leading/coaching junior engineering staff
• Deep knowledge of the Spring Framework and building RESTful micro services
• Solid experience in the design/development of Cloud Native applications and/or in the integration of existing solutions to Cloud based platforms
• Solid experience working with an Agile methodology (Scrum) and iterative development
• Experience with practices such as test-driven & behavior-driven development, continuous delivery
• Experience with Git and code branching/merging strategies
• In depth experience with cloud application development and/or NoSQL database driven application development and/or Servlet driven web application development and/or REST service development.
• Familiar with dependency injection frameworks (Spring/Guice), high concurrency platforms (Akka/Actor pattern) and Web Services (REST/SOAP).
• Experienced with message buses such as RabbitMQ
• Strong with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
• Experienced with container technology (e.g. Docker)
• Experienced with source versioning (GIT, SVN, Mercurial) and unit testing (jUnit/xUnit etc).
• Experienced with deployment tools such as Gradle and Maven.
• Experienced with using Agile development methodology (Scrum, Scaled agile, Kanban).
• Experienced with continuous integration tools such as TravisCI, Jenkins or Concourse. Prior testing and QA experience will be considered a definite asset.
• Cloud Foundry and other components supporting a highly-automated global engineering platform
• Open source! As we accelerate our delivery of world-class experiences, we know embracing open source technologies will help us get there. Any experience with open source is very attractive to us!
• Experienced with servlet containers such as Jetty and Tomcat.
• Understanding of the fundamentals of capital markets or financial services in support of our service or product offerings (or are ready to learn by doing!)
The customer is at the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily.
Manulife is a leading international financial services group that helps its 22 million customers achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting their needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions.
Have you heard our CEO and President, Roy Gori mention: “We need to think of ourselves much more like a technology company". We believe in the value of empowering engineers and developers with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of the business, which is why we need you.
In Technology at Manulife:
- Your work will make a difference.
- You’ll have the opportunity to make to shape the future of the insurance and investments industries with innovative technologies.
- You’ll partner with the best talent in the industry to help our clients achieve their dreams and aspirations
- With offices in Canada, the United States and Asia, your opportunities are unlimited.
Through our Lab of Forward Thinking (LOFT) we’re working across the stack and exploring strategies and prototypes in artificial intelligence, NLP, deep learning and blockchain. We are also working on IoT applications for Amazon Echo, the Apple Watch, and other voice platforms. Most recently, we launched Alexa Skills for group benefits in Canada in partnership with RED Lab.
So … if change and transformation excites you and you want to be part of the team that is redefining how we build technology in the insurance and investment industries – join us!
About John Hancock Financial and Manulife
John Hancock is a division of Manulife, a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Operating as Manulife in Canada and Asia, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States, our group of companies offers clients a diverse range of financial protection products and wealth management services through its extensive network of employees, agents and distribution partners. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were over $1 trillion (US$780 billion) as of June 30, 2017. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com. The John Hancock unit, through its insurance companies, comprises one of the largest life insurers in the United States. John Hancock offers and administers a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, long-term care insurance, college savings, and other forms of business insurance. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com. JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) Canada - Work Permit Jobs