|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||April 16, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs
Senior Software Developer
The Leaseweb API is the front door for our services to the world. The API will be powering all of Leasewebs websites, dashboards and in- and external applications. For the Leaseweb Developer Platform team we are seeking for a Senior Software Developer to build the best API in the hosting market and supporting platforms.
Our international team at Leaseweb is in charge of our scalability and automation challenges. The department consists of around 90 techies, working in small scrum teams. Each of the teams is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape, covering data center automation, product research & development (CDN, Cloud, Object Storage) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
The atmosphere is informal and multicultural. There is a clear focus on innovation. Our organizational structure is quite flat and we value independence and entrepreneurship.
What is the role about?
As Senior Software Developer for the Developer Platform team you are responsible for applying your specialism to support the team with operations and R&D. You work with the different product teams to define, architect and review new APIs. You will interact with the developer community, represent Leaseweb API and participate in developer events to improve the API.
Furthermore you will design, implement and support applications, tools and platforms which support our development teams and customers, for example our authentication platform, central logging service etc.
Technologies you will be working with are (but not limited to) PHP, Elastic Stack, Chef, Nginx/LUA and more.
Our ideal candidate is/has:
- At least 5 years’ experience with software development
- Demonstrable knowledge of Linux
- Experience with API Development
- Knowledge of OAiuth2 protocol is a pre
- Proven and demonstrable knowledge of programming languages, preferred PHP
- Knowledge of PHP Frameworks (Symfony, Zend, Laravel) is desirable
- Knowledge with version control systems (Git)
- Experience in setting up software architectures
- Experience with Agile development methods such as scrum is a pre
- Strength in problem analysis and conceptual thinking
- Driven to improve quality and prevent incidents.
- Excellent communication skills (in English).
- Good command of written and spoken English (Dutch would be an advantage)
- Bachelor or Master in Software Engineering or Computer Science
What we offer
- Competitive salary, above market average + annual bonus
- Good secondary benefits, including a defined contribution pension plan and collective health care plan
- 25 days of paid time-off
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- The possibility to develop yourself and build up your career
- Team fun events
- If you are not living the Netherlands yet, we will support your relocation.
LeaseWeb is one of the world’s largest hosting brands, providing Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) hosting solutions to over 17,500 customers worldwide, ranging from SMBs to enterprises.
Services include Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Bare Metal Servers, CDN (Content Delivery Network), Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Managed Hosting, Application Security and Hybrid Cloud, with 24/7 support.
With more than 80,000 physical servers under management, LeaseWeb provides infrastructure for mission-critical websites, Internet applications, email servers, security, and storage services since 1997. LeaseWeb operates 17 data centers in Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the U.S., all of which are backed by an extensive worldwide network with a large total capacity of 5.5 Tbps.
What's in it for you
The chance to leave your mark in a company that is growing quickly but still manages to keep a pioneer spirit. A work hard, play hard mentality – great projects, great colleagues, great gaming room, great Friday drinks. Epic parties.
… And of course a competitive salary and great secondary benefits like free daily lunch and fruit, a defined contribution pension plan, a collective health care plan, annual bonus scheme and 25 days of annual paid leave.
If you are not living the Netherlands yet, we will support your relocation.
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible. Need more info, send your questions to [email protected] or call +31 (0) 6 46381242
Our company started in the clouds. 20 years ago while still working as professional pilots, our Dutch founders understood the importance of reliability and global connections. They crossed borders. They safely brought passengers, crew, and craft around the world.
Witnessing the growth of the internet around the world, our founders envisioned how they could use their skills and experience to build the internet as a service, making it accessible and available to everyone. Today, that same vision remains part of our DNA.
We have always aimed to go beyond expectations. Growing from a startup to a global player is just the beginning. We have the drive, experience, and ambition to go faster and further, while never forgetting the importance of trust and reliability. We’re proud of who we are and excited about the future.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs