|Date Posted||May 10, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
GfK GeoMarketing is a subsidiary of the internationally active GfK Group and a leading provider of geomarketing solutions in Germany. GfK GeoMarketing's products and services help companies analyze and manage their regional markets.
As (Senior) Data Scientist Geomarketing (m/f), you will design, develop and calculate spatial market data in various resolutions, including street segments and grid cells, nationally and internationally, in order to update and expand GfK's inventory of regional market data. You optimize and automate existing analysis and production steps and develop processes for creating new data products. Furthermore, you carry out projects with space-related questions together with internal and external business partners.
You will actively contribute to the further development of our methodological competencies, our internal tools and routines as well as our data and service portfolio.
As a (Senior) Data Scientist Geomarketing (m/w) at GfK, you will...
- conceptualize, develop and calculate spatial data products for international markets at various geographical scales, e.g. for postcodes, grid cells and street segments
- optimize and automate data analysis and data production workflows and develop ideas and workflows for new innovative data products
- manage and execute client projects in cooperation with internal and external business partners
- visualize and intelligibly display spatial data and spatial analyses for clients, colleagues and internal decision-makers
- maintain, expand and develop our internal set of R-packages
- adopt new techniques, methods and trends quickly, share your knowledge within and across our teams and integrate them into internal tools and routines, and into our data and service portfolios
- work agile, across teams and within different project teams
- collaborate with our commercial teams in client proposals, presentations and support technical/analytical discussions with your knwoledge
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- university degree (MSc, PhD) in geography, geoinformatics, statistics, business informatics, sociology, psychology, or similar with a strong focus on quantitative methods and techniques
- typically 2+ years of job experience (5+ years for a senior role) in data analysis / data science or a Ph.D. in an area of applied (geo-)statistical research
- expert knowledge in R (must-have) and ideally additional programming knowledge (e.g. in SAS, Python, SQL)
- advanced/expert-level skills in (spatial) data analysis (statistical learning, data visualization, data management), in process automation and functional programming
- advanced skills in relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL or similar) at least in one GI system (e.g., ArcGIS, QGIS)
- ability to critically reflect, interpret and present methods and analytical results
- clear commitment to teamwork and a high sense of ownership
- fluent in German and English; additional languages are a plus
- Various training and development programs
- Sports and health management
- 30 days holiday per year (plus 24.12 / 31.12.)
- Occupational pensions
- Canteen subsidy
- Accident insurance also for private life
- Childcare during the summer holidays
- Free German and English lessions
We are excited to get to know you. Please send your application to Erika Pfaff ([email protected])
GfK. Growth from Knowledge.
GfK turns data into smart business decisions for clients.
Can there be a better place FOR YOU to take center stage in the digital revolution?
Market research is the original data driven business. For GfK everything starts and ends with data. Arisen from a university spin-off, decades of specialized research results in tens of thousands of high quality data sets encompassing all industries, regions and periods from simple surveys to complex cross-media audience measurement studies. In order to turn that data into knowledge it takes engineers, scientists and consultants to collaborate globally using the best data science technology stack imaginable.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs