|Location||San Diego, CA|
|Date Posted||May 10, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
About the 12-month contract
Arm has launched a new business unit to deploy low power, high performing, wireless connectivity solutions to accelerate embedded/IoT product deployment for Arm partners and platforms. Arm's IoT Devices IP Line of Business focuses on developing software which support our low power wireless IP. Experienced engineers in this group are advancing a new product portfolio, Arm Cordio®, supporting WPAN-IoT including a complete RF and software solution.
As a software engineer in a 12-month contract on our team, you will participate in developing and testing high quality, best in class products in terms of power, memory consumption and performance. Aim of our group is to deliver a complete, drop-in wireless connectivity solution for full IoT endpoint connectivity to streamline product integration and enable fast time to market. You will participate with the wireless software group to design, code, and test the standards-based protocol software that is critical to our complete wireless solution. This is an opportunity to work in a growing team of world-class engineers creating the next generation of low power wireless technology. You will develop working relationships with a multinational and dynamic Wireless development group. The team in San Diego is responsible for WPAN software such as Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and 802.15.4 MAC software IP. Seize this extraordinary opportunity to meet our team and prove yourself.
What will you be accountable for?
You will advance the product roadmap by developing and maintaining both MAC layer and host stack layer software. You will develop a strong understanding of our software products as well as industry standard wireless protocols like Bluetooth, BLE, WiFi, and 802.15.4. You will receive technical direction and mentorship as necessary from a software architect as you collaborate closely with other wireless software development teams. You will:
- Optimize software, design, implementation and testing of features by working in partnership with other protocol software team members.
- Actively participate in the internal review process and provide creative solutions
- Maintain the existing codebase including reviewing the designs and code of other team members.
- Design and implement wireless protocol software
- Make enhancements to our automated build and test system
- Interact with customers and partners on technical projects
What skills, experience, and qualifications do you need?
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Wireless Communications, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar technical field.
- Software development experience in C for embedded systems
- Experience with wireless communication protocols such as Bluetooth Low Energy, 802.15.4 MAC, Thread, Zigbee, WiFi, NFC, etc.
- Strong analytical skills, eagerness to find creative solutions to complex problems.
- Experience of writing scripting Python or Perl
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills
- Comfortable working in a fast moving and dynamic environment
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs. Here's a sampling for you:
- We not I
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
- Passion for progress
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- Be your brilliant self
- Make trust our default position
ARM® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving ARM innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
With one of the best climates in North America, San Diego is a cosmopolitan city with plenty of beaches, sunshine, gardens, galleries and museums that add to the city’s diversity. Arm San Diego is a growing office, with people from business units such as Sales, Marketing and Wireless Software.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs