|Date Posted||May 11, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Product Manager - Semantic Scholar
The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence is looking for an experienced product manager to drive the strategy and execution for Semantic Scholar, a fast-growing search engine and research tool powered by artificial intelligence. Our product manager will work across engineering, research, and other functions to design, build and launch features that drive Semantic Scholar forward as a leader in academic search. Outstanding communication, analysis, and organizational skills are essential to this role.
As our product manager, you will gather requirements, assess opportunities, and organize a prioritized backlog of new features based on their cost/benefit. You will use customer research and data analysis to support new proposals, produce designs, UI mocks and prototypes for new features/ changes, guide prioritization, help implementation, and represent the voice of the customer perspective.
- Propose new features/product changes based on customer research and usability studies.
- Directly maintain relationships with relevant external organizations (e.g., meeting with Allen Institute) and with individual users so we understand our users and accurately estimate the benefit of features.
- Analyze user data, and internal metrics, to identify and justify key decisions and the prioritization of features.
- Own communication with our users (e.g., responding to user feedback).
- Develop specifications for new features, along with detailed mocks, and HTML/CSS prototypes when needed.
- Help organize a prioritized list of new features we would like to develop, including the cost, benefit, and specification for each.
- Attend sprint prioritization meetings to make sure we are balancing product work and infrastructure work effectively.
- Validate features once they are live on site to make sure they match their specification, and analyze them to assess their impact.
- BA/BS or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of product management or related experience with a track record of delivery.
- Experience with product management or product design with a focus on software products and technologies.
- Experience developing Internet products and technologies.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field.
- Master of Science or Business, or PhD.
- Experience working in research or academic environment.
- Experience working in a start-up environment.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through how we treat each member of the AI2 Team. Some highlights are:
- We are a learning organization – because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal ongoing education, AI2 is place where you will have opportunities to continue learning right alongside us.
- We value diversity – we seek people of all genders, ethnicities, ages, and levels of experience. We particularly welcome applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBT communities, and people with disabilities.
- We value inclusion - We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization. We are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance – we believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time.
- We are collaborative and transparent – we consider ourselves a team, all moving with a common purpose. We are quick to cheer our successes, and even quicker to share and jointly problem solve our failures;
- We are in Seattle – and our office is on the water! We even have kayaks for you to paddle right outside our front door;
- We are friendly – chances are you will like every one of the 70+ (and growing) people who work here. We do!
AI2 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or you may call us at 206-548-5600.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs