|at ( view profile)|
|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||May 12, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
We’re looking for a software engineer with server-side development experience to work on our core software services. You’ll be implementing critical product features and working on technical infrastructure to enable performance and scaling.
Our engineering team uses a Java service-oriented architecture to create RESTful APIs that power our website, our mobile app and site, and our warehouse technology. Some technology you might work with includes Dropwizard, RabbitMQ, Redis, MySQL, and MongoDB.
Curious about how our tech stack fits together? Take a look at the post here: http://dresscode.renttherunway.com/blog/tech-stack
You should be able to:
- Develop highly scalable systems using a variety of tools and languages, including Java, Ruby, and multiple open-source technologies
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, and deployment
- Help define architectural improvements to enable orders-of-magnitude growth in traffic and order volumes
- Write clean, testable, and efficient code
You should have:
- Multiple years of full-time professional software development experience
- Experience working as a member of a collaborative development team
- Fluency with computer science fundamentals
- Ability to pick up new tools and technologies as needed
- Ability to prioritize important tasks
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with logistics, shipping, and e-commerce
Rent the Runway is disrupting the $1.7 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility in women’s everyday lives and empowering women to feel like their best selves everyday. We have pioneered the Closet in the Cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, we have raised $210M from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 8 million -strong customer base who share the experience of renting as being empowering and smart.
Our 1000+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built - proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience. We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps tens of thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of founders more clearly representing the demographics of this country.
About the engineering team:
Our engineering team works on product-oriented problems across the boundaries of e-commerce, mobile, analytics and shipping/fulfillment. The backbone of our business is our custom logistics management system, which gives us the crucial ability to deliver the right product to the right user at the right time - a simple goal with a complex solution. We use data, engineering and algorithms to create a personalized website and an adaptive supply chain to fulfill our commitment to an amazing customer experience.
Engineers at Rent the Runway solve real business challenges and have a tangible impact on the success of the company. Some engineers work on cross-functional teams devoted to specific parts of our product, while other teams focus on functions like data engineering and DevOps. Our engineers come from different backgrounds, industries, and walks of life - and we all contribute to a collaborative, product-driven culture across our organization.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs