|Date Posted||May 12, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table
About The Opportunity
Grubhub engineers own and run their products and services from conception to continuous operation. DevOps engineers play a key role and are embedded within development teams to focus on the operational aspects of our services.
On this team you will help solve complex logistical problems at a giant scale in a highly competitive landscape. This team supports the web and backend technologies for how food actually gets to our customers. We solve the traveling salesman problem at a gigantic scale every day!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Create, maintain, own and operate your team’s services that supporting fundamental capabilities within Grubhub’s products.
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems you can face developing high availability services in a distributed cloud environment that needs to scale exponentially.
- Help evaluate and choose emerging technologies…new service protocols and architectures, self-healing capabilities, globally distributed caching, performance and code quality tooling, etc. Determine the right tool for the right task.
Tools we work with:
- Java for microservices
- Docker (in production!)
- Mesos and Marathon for job scheduling
- Combination of AWS and our own hardware
- Python and Fabric for automation and our CD pipeline
- Jenkins and Spinnaker for builds and task execution
- Linux (CentOS and Ubuntu)
- DataDog for metrics and alerting
- Splunk for log aggregation
- Puppet for Packer image management
You Should Have
- Minimum 4+ years experience building complex distributed systems. In this role you are the one gravitating toward operational concerns of the team, focusing on reliability, performance, capacity planning and automation of everything.
- Proficient in high level script languages such as Python or Ruby (Python preferred)
- Experience developing solutions leveraging Docker
- Experience working in and managing public cloud environments (AWS, Google, Azure, etc)
- Experience managing Linux (Centos, Ubuntu) systems
- Experience building and supporting web-facing technologies
- Configuration management experience with Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Building/implementing monitoring for network, server and application status
- Experience with monitoring tools such as graphite, nagios, Datadog, Runscope
- Experience with log aggregation systems using splunk, logstash, loggly, elasticsearch
- Continuous integration, testing, and deployment using git, jenkins
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Couchbase, Mongo)
- Experience with Hadoop (Cloudera, DataStax), mahout and other big data platforms
- Exceptional communication and troubleshooting skills.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
Our Technology team is what makes GrubHub an industry-leader, building the future of online food ordering. GrubHub allows you the opportunity to work with the best and the brightest in the tech industry. You will collaborate and interact with team members of all levels. We encourage our employees to bring their ideas to us, so we can continue to evolve the process of online food ordering. We strive make GrubHub user-friendly and easier than ever to use.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs