|Date Posted||May 14, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs
To shape the future of food experiences
Jumbo Tech Campus: where it all happens
As an IT professional, you want to work on innovations that matter. You want to have the freedom to discover new things and push boundaries as part of a top-flight team. At our Jumbo Tech Campus, you can. Our mission is to design the future of online food retail – and we are making great advances in achieving that goal.
Last year Jumbo’s ecommerce turnover doubled. And our omnichannel focus has enabled customers to do their shopping both in shops as well as online. In our multidisciplinary, international and agile environment you will work on innovative products and services which we release more and more by continuous delivery. So you’ll be working today on a new food experience that our customers will be able to use tomorrow!
There’s no ‘I’ in Jumbo
As a pathfinder, you will be responsible for finding a route through the myriad of options to arrive at a solution, in the good old tradition of explorers like Lewis & Clark, trappers like Davy Crocket and sailors like captain Cook trying to find the North-West passage. However, where they only had to deal with geographical challenges, it will be your job to navigate the ever-changing dynamics of today’s software industry, and sometimes — we’re not afraid to admit — some legacy.
We expect you to be enthusiastic and fearless but not careless. You are able to deconstruct hard problems into smaller problems and break down complexity and explain it to laymen. We expect you to be a leader, not by always having all the answers, but rather to once in a while say: "Oh, screw it. I’ll go first.” Always with care for the wellbeing of development teams.
Furthermore we need you to be;
- At the forefront of today’s IT industry;
- Able to find the truth in source code;
- Able to quickly proof your point with working source code;
- Decisive and opinionated — but only have the right opinions;
- Able to switch contexts quickly;
- Able to guide a discussion while being in front of a whiteboard;
- Patient, yet have a dying urge to get stuff done.
Quote; If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.
We weren’t exaggerating when we said every day is an experience, were we?
Do you have the Jumbo DNA?
This is not for the faint-hearted: your focus will not be limited to the scope of an individual subsystem, but rather on the entire ecosystem. You will have to be the brilliant mad scientist, a salesman and a leader, all at the same time.
You speak and write English fluently, and can tick all of the following boxes:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 10 years of experience, preferably in an e-commerce environment.
- Well-versed in RESTful architectures, microservices, autoscaling deployment architectures, web state of the art, NoSQL databases, architectural patterns like CQRS and event sourcing and the likes.
- You can speak and write fluent English.
You will code for food
Shaping the future of online food retail is a challenging job. You’ll get plenty of space to develop your own initiatives and lots of opportunities to grow, both personally and in your area of expertise. Luckily, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest IT-talents to share your ideas, knowledge and memes with. Of course, you’ll receive a competitive salary and great working conditions. But even more importantly, did you know that we are located near the Brainport Eindhoven high-tech site? That we value your code more than your dress code? And that our Jumbo Foodmarket is right next door?!
If you come from abroad we will relocate you, your partner and your children to the Netherlands. And we will give you 30 days of holidays a year, so you can enjoy your well-deserved free time!
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs