|Date Posted||May 17, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs
Jumbo Tech Campus: where it all happens
As an IT professional, you want to work on innovations that matter. You want to have the freedom to discover new things and push boundaries as part of a top-flight team. At our Jumbo Tech Campus, you can. Our mission is to design the future of online food retail – and we are making great advances in achieving that goal.
Last year Jumbo’s ecommerce turnover doubled. And our omnichannel focus has enabled customers to do their shopping both in shops as well as online. In our multidisciplinary, international and Agile environment you will work on innovative products and services which we release more and more by continuous delivery. So, you’ll be working today on a new food experience that our customers will be able to use tomorrow!
There’s no ‘I’ in Jumbo
Whether it’s our order management system, website or apps; the backend of our ecommerce platform is crystal clear to you. We strive to make online shopping for our customers better every day and, as a Java developer, you can add value in many ways: you create and improve features, work on performance, user experience and clean up technical debt.
Your agile team consists of developers, business analyst, tester, scrum master, product owner and devops engineers. Together you’ll work in sprints of two weeks.
At our Jumbo Tech Campus, we want to write maintainable, clean code. We review each other’s code and try to learn from each other whenever we can. We continuously test and analyze our systems’ performance to keep up with our ever-growing customer base. We weren’t exaggerating when we said that every day is an experience, were we?
Your role. Do you have the Jumbo DNA?
You enjoy working in a Scrum-based team. To shape the future of online food retail, we challenge you every day to evaluate, adapt and overcome the challenges that we face in our highly demanding environment. You do not wait for things to happen, you make things happen. You have a passion for software development and love sharing it with your colleagues. You speak and write English fluently, and can tick all the following boxes:
- At least 6 years of experience as a Java developer, preferably in an e-commerce environment.
- You are a software craftsman. You care about the code you write, and you promote software development best practices and principles within the team and the department.
- You can't live with technical debt and you advocate why it's important to pay it off.
- You have experience with Java SE 7 & 8, Spring framework, JUnit, Hibernate and Tomcat as well as with development tools like Jenkins, Git, Chef and Maven.
- You also have experience with other languages like Scala or Kotlin.
- Knowledge of web services using SOAP or REST communication protocols. And message queuing will get you to the top of our list.
- The code you write is shipped with tests. TDD is not a must, but encouraged 😉
- Continuous delivery is not a mystery to you.
- In Git we trust!
- Flexible enough to work in standby shifts every now and then.
- You can speak and write fluent English.
What we offer
Shaping the future of online food retail is a challenging job. You’ll get plenty of space to develop your own initiatives and lots of opportunities to grow, both personally and in your area of expertise. Luckily, you’ll be surrounded by the best and brightest IT-talents to share your ideas, knowledge and memes with.
Of course, you’ll receive a competitive salary and great working conditions. But even more importantly, did you know that we are located near the Brainport Eindhoven high-tech site? That we value your code more than your dress code? And that our Jumbo Foodmarket is right next door?!
If you come from abroad we will relocate you, your partner and your children to the Netherlands. And we will give you 30 days of holidays a year, so you can enjoy your well-deserved free time!
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs