|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||May 18, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who enjoy learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app-based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are readily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel, more than 600 team members from over 50 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience. We’re about to embark on an exciting new journey to change the way people learn languages!
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager (Data Engineering) to join our Team in Berlin!
In your role as a Technical Product Manager, you will work with our data engineering team that owns the infrastructure making the vast amount of data accessible, reliable and efficient to query. You will work closely with stakeholders from Analytics, Marketing, Product, Engineering and Finance to ensure they all can collect and action data.
- Communicative and collaborative
- Driven, pragmatic, with action bias and can-do attitude
- Proven experience (overall min 2-3 years) in a technical environment
- Practical experience either as an engineer/developer or as a product owner or product manager in technical teams
- Passion for lean and agile methodologies
- A solid understanding of data programming languages like Python or R
- Experience in leading data-driven- and cross-platform projects, either, or both with data warehouses or fast data events pipelines
- Drive for simple and sustainable solutions
- Very good English communication skills both verbal and written
Nice to have:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
You will be:
- Supporting the senior technical product owner and further taking on the data engineering team as PM
- Managing projects with internal stakeholders and external agencies and partners
- Collaborating heavily with data engineers in defining initiatives and solutions
- Driving technical projects across a wide range of initiatives and coordinating with other product managers
- Driving technical issues in data engineering based on product and platform strategy
- Providing a clear view of initiatives scope, progress and results
- Changing scenarios and setups if needed and overcoming technical issues with the team
- Possibly mentoring future junior colleagues
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- A vibrant international company with people from over 50 different nationalities.
- Great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs