|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||June 8, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Estonia - Residence Permit Jobs
What you’ll be working on:
- TransferWise is complex under the hood, but we’re just getting started. With our own payment rails, there are lots of opportunities to build new products and services on them.
- At its core, our stack is Java microservices, using Netflix OSS offerings, and SPAs written in Angular 1/React, with a legacy Grails monolith. We are moving quickly to proven distributed technologies that can be scaled (Kafka, Zookeeper, Eureka, Bouncer + much more)
More details: http://tech.transferwise.com/the-transferwise-stack-heartbeat-of-our-little-revolution/
- Integrating with a variety of partners and providers across the world, so our customers can send money across borders with minimal fuss and maximum confidence
- Getting to the core of the customer’s problems by conducting interviews, answering support and figure out what TransferWise is to the customer and how it can be improved
- What do you want to be working on? Autonomous teams come up with their own plans, there is no hierarchy telling you what to do.
- Passionate about technology and its relationship with business and user experience.
- Ability to work independently and plan your own solutions to problems.
- Experience using a back-end MVC Frameworks.
- Experience with Java and Spring Boot preferred.
- Experience developing in a modern front end framework, Angular.js is preferred, but experience with Backbone, Ember, Knockout or React is also relevant.
- Experience working with SQL databases, writing custom queries and designing schemas.
- Understanding of test driven development (TDD), the ability to structure your code so it’s testable, and the desire to write tests.
- Broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product and conversion rates.
- Possess empathy for the user and able to build great code that drives fantastic user experience.
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Be willing to travel, to work and learn with dev teams in Estonia and Ukraine.
- Excitement to work in a high-growth company, and throw themselves fully into a revolution.
- Be open, communicative, and fun to work with.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Estonia - Residence Permit Jobs