|at ( view profile)|
|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||June 10, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Here at Sysdig, we’re what you might call container-obsessed. It starts with our unique technology, which listens to the heart of the operating system to surface the deepest data with the least overhead. From there, we’ve created the first-ever Container Intelligence Platform, which proactively uncovers issues before they manifest, and allows for deep digging to solve the most complex problems.
We're looking for a Software Engineer who is passionate about building simple, scalable services to deal with complex data.Our customer base is growing fast and so is the scale demanded of our backend. As a consequence, we're embarking on a major re-architecting of our platform. Sysdig is a high growth startup, and there will be significant growth opportunities for this position.
- You'll lead projects as part of this scale-out effort that will allow us to handle the next orders of magnitude. Examples of such projects include writing Kafka-based streaming services.
- Distribute query engine targeting of our Cassandra and ElasticSearch data store.
- Optimize ingest pipeline.
- Put machine learning features into production.
- Handle both monitoring and security data on a daily basis across multiple platform tiers (Kubernetes, AWS, Mesos)
- Prior experience building and operating large-scale data pipelines
- Production experience with at least one of Kafka, Cassandra, ElasticSearch
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures and algorithms
- Java experience highly preferred
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Startup / entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- A positive "can do" attitude with the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas and see them to fruition
- An appetite for varied data.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
- We have fun team with company events, beer outings, and lots of espresso (if you’re into that).
Along with top notch health insurance coverage, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Desk and tech setup of your choice (for wherever you work)
- IRA with company matching up to 3% of salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Free weekly team lunches and delicious snacks every day of the week
- Free monthly house cleaning service
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs