|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||June 11, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
We are looking for a Java Developer to join our growing development team supporting the expansion of our highly innovative software product Genedata Expressionist®, a powerful solution that revolutionizes the data processing, analysis, management, and reporting of biotherapeutics characterization, metabolomics, and proteomics studies based on mass spectrometry.
Why is protein structure important? Because when pharmaceutical industry is testing and manufacturing biological drugs - they use mass spectrometry for the quality control, to check if the structure of the antibody is intact. If the structure is wrong, or antibodies are agglomerated - they will not have any effect on the patients.
Why are antibodies important? Antibodies are a great way to treat cancer. They are able to kill cancer cells, without damaging the patient (unlike chemotherapy or radiation). According to forecasts, cancer will only raise in the next 30 years. It is extremely important, that people have access to this fantastic type of treatment, that can cure without pain and suffering.
Why is Genedata Expressionist so important? Pharmaceutical industry develops and clinically tests many types of antibody therapies, aiming at reducing the time of testing and the price of therapy, to make it accessible to patients faster and to make drugs more available to everyone. Genedata Expressionist helps in both directions.
As a core member of the software development team, you will expand, improve, and maintain the scalable computing platform. You will design and implement novel algorithms, data structures, and infrastructure to enable the users of the product to quickly and effectively process, analyze, report, and manage their complex data.
- Maintain and expand our numerical data processing module
- Devise and suggest improvements to the software infrastructure
- Build on pre-existing functionalities and develop them further
- Communicate internally with scientific account managers, product managers, and developers
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations
- MSc or Ph.D. in computer science, bioinformatics or a relevant professional experience
- In-depth knowledge of Java and related technologies
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate, RESTful APIs, Swing, Angular, Maven, Git are a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English
- Driven to collaborate in a cross-functional environment
- A keen interest in working in a life science related field
- Background in mass spectrometry is a plus
- Strong initiative and dedication to the quality of work
- Motivated to learn and passionate about coding
Are you interested? Then contact us and come to meet our team of software geeks and scientific nerds!
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs