|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||June 11, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
Auto1's java engineers develop tools that disrupt the automotive industry. You will build and own features maintaining a high quality and ensuring we deliver the best product to our clients. Part of a very diverse team you can propose and drive new solutions to existing technical and business challenges.
What you will do:
- Full lifecycle engineering: Architecture, solution design, development, quality assurance, shipping, monitoring and maintenance are all done by ourselves in our service oriented platform with currently 110+ restful microservices.
- Use your brain (a lot): Use your experience, hands-on and can-do attitudes to solve complex problems in the most prolific engineering teams in the vast startup hub of Berlin. (1600+ releases in 2017)
- Raise the bar: Our team has a combined professional experience of over 250 years, averaging at 7.3y per person. Each developer undergoes our coding puzzles to ensure we hire greatest quality. Our culture makes every one of us better every day.
- Lead the pack: Small temporary project groups or new permanent teams get kicked off on regular basis. We always need leaders being ready to take over a business unit’s services or provide “POC and delivery” on untouched fields.
What you will learn:
- AUTO1 is disrupting the automotive industry. Most of the things we do have never been done before. Every day we are scaling and tuning the core platform and create tools to launch new green field applications.
- Bleeding edge technology stacks and the drive to always think about the next thing to incorporate without getting bloated. We currently use spring-cloud, java8, postgres 9.5 with jsonb types, mysql, elasticsearch and a nice bunch of AWS technologies like ec2, ecs, s3, rds, sqs/sns, elasticache and some lambdas.
- Dealing with tons of microservices has it’s own challenges and they require creative approaches.
How you will progress:
- On the second day most new starters are ready to code
- Around two weeks later your first lines of code will most probably hit production
- In one month your impact to your team or even across teams starts to become measurable
- After half a year you will have significant domain knowledge of the topics you have been working on and be a contact point on this for all your peers.
- After one year at Auto1 you have become a key strategy advisor for multiple projects of all sizes and impacts. As a core member and mentor of one of our teams you’re pushing forward on multiple business and technical challenges and drive them to success.
What you should bring:
- 6+ years of professional experience in java programming with spring-based technologies
- Experience in leading a group of developers and taking responsibility for your team and your software. The more the better!
- Deep understanding of the JVM. You are fluid in modern java and know the possibilities of the language and can apply them in every-day or heisenbug scenarios
- Passionate opinion on how a restful APIs should ideally look like, but you’re not too dogmatic to ignore every-day needs of a business
- Hands on experience with spring boot, a nice to have would be spring cloud
What you will get:
- Relocation support that includes assistance with visa, apartment search, moving cost
- A nice office in the heart of Berlin (Kreuzberg) with free drinks & fruits
- The possibility to work with new technologies
- Team and company events like Hackathons international nights, christmas party, soccer, etc.
- Attractive discounts on different services like gym, public transport, leisure activities
Sounds interesting? Upload your CV with a note of your salary expectations. Bianca Alves is looking forward to your application.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs