|at ( view profile)|
|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
The Showtime Product team is looking for an experienced, curious and creative Lead Data Engineer to help us pursue answers to our increasingly interesting and complex business questions and empower our team to incorporate data-driven features and machine learning into our products, which include our standalone service SHOWTIME and our TV Everywhere service, Showtime Anytime.
In this role, you will lead the data engineering team and interface with our dedicated Product Analytics team, the Showtime Research and Data Strategy teams, the CRM team and our in-house engineering team, and you will architect and enable technologies, systems and workflows that enable our analysts and data scientists to focus on algorithms and analyses than on the associated engineering.
Ideal candidates will be innovative, self-motivated, a quick study, and willing to develop new skills while constantly improving existing abilities.
Key Technologies:Java, Scala, Groovy, Spark, AWS, AWS/EMR, Spring, Mongo, Git, Redis, Bamboo, JIRA, etc
- Lead and mentor 2-3 data engineers
- Develop understanding of key business, product and user questions.
- Collaborate with other Product Engineering team members to develop, test and support data-related initiatives. Work with other departments to understand their data needs.
- Evolve data-driven feature prototypes into production features that scale; streamline feature engineering, so that the underlying data is efficiently extracted.
- Build flexible data pipelines that we can rapidly evolve as our needs change and capabilities grow.
- Develop and enhance data warehouse in AWS S3.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a comparable lead data engineering role
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL/Spark SQL
- Experience in pursuing and applying data-backed decisions, such as recommendations, trends etc. to make the core product better
- You like to dive-deep on data questions to come up with effective solutions and are comfortable summarizing key insights graphically when needed
- You believe in writing code that is easy to understand, test and maintain
- You thrive in a workplace that values autonomy, applauds ideas and a enjoys a sense of humor
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs