|at ( view profile)|
|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
The Showtime Product team is looking for a curious and creative Data Engineer to help us pursue answers to our increasingly interesting and complex business questions and empower our team to incorporate data-driven features and machine learning into our products, which include our standalone service SHOWTIME and our TV Everywhere service, Showtime Anytime.
The big data platform at Showtime is relatively new, but is now being used across the company for critical functions and features like: recommendations, analyzing customer experience, understanding programming consumption’s effect on subscriber lifetime, building churn/retention prediction models, and more. In this role, you will work our dedicated Product Analytics team, the Showtime Research and Data Strategy teams, the CRM team and our in-house engineering team, and you will architect and enable technologies, systems and workflows that enable our analysts and data scientists to focus more on algorithms and analyses than on the associated engineering.
Ideal candidates will be innovative, self-motivated, a quick study, and willing to develop new skills while constantly improving existing abilities.
Java, Scala, Groovy, Spark, AWS, AWS/EMR, Spring, Mongo, Git, Redis, Bamboo, JIRA etc
- Develop understanding of key business, product and user questions.
- Collaborate with other Engineering team members to develop, test and support data-related initiatives. Work with other departments to understand their data needs.
- Evolve data-driven feature prototypes into production features that scale; streamline feature engineering, so that the underlying data is efficiently extracted.
- Build flexible data pipelines that we can rapidly evolve as our needs change and capabilities grow.
- Develop and enhance data warehouse in AWS S3.
- Employ data mining, segmentation, and other analytical techniques to capture important trends in our user base.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a comparable data engineering role
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL/Spark SQL
- Experience in pursuing and applying data-backed decisions, such as recommendations, trends etc. to make the core product better
- You like to dive-deep on data analysis or technical issues to come up with effective solutions and are comfortable summarizing key insights graphically when needed
- You believe in writing code that is easy to understand, test and maintain
- You thrive in a workplace that values autonomy, applauds ideas and a enjoys a sense of humor
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs