|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Los Gatos, CA|
|Date Posted||July 8, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Role & Responsibilities:
Roku is seeking a versatile Sr. Build and Release Tools Engineer to create tools and web applications that automate and streamline daily tasks. The candidate will be responsible for improving, consolidating, or replacing in-house release tools and automation that supports the development and deployment of Roku software worldwide. Candidates should have a demonstrable history of how they took manual processes and tasks and replaced them with easy to use automation or web applications, reducing mindless toil.
Prior experience with the software development lifecycle would provide much needed context. Candidates should have experience with developing and deploying reliable, scalable software, automation and web applications.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to understand existing processes, gather requirements and provide automation solutions that are intuitive and easy to use.
- We deploy automation and tools using Linux as the base operating system, so we expect you to have Linux sysadmin skills.
- Webserver experience. (nginx or Apache)
- Web protocols and REST API fundamentals. Candidates should understand how to use REST APIs and how to write their own.
- Demonstrated programming knowledge in a high-level programming language (Python or Ruby)
- Prior experience with AWS in any capacity
- Deployed automation or application as Docker containers? Extra points for you.
- We deploy software used 24x7 by humans, so knowing how to monitor the applications and automation you write is expected.
- Prior experience developing user-friendly web applications would be helpful. (React, AngularJS)
- You’re probably going to need to interact with a database at some point. (MySQL, Postgres)
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs