|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||July 8, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs
MessageBird is a Cloud Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) company for SMS, Voice and Chat communications that connects businesses to 7 billion phones worldwide. We’re one of the fastest growing software companies in the world and we’re looking to expand our best-in-class Engineering Team with an experienced Senior Software Engineer to extend our SMS messaging product team.
You start your day with a fresh coffee, tea or fresh pressed juice. You discuss the latest technology news with your colleagues and start working on an issue from the selected-for-development column of the project’s KanBan board. Our issues are specced and detailed by product managers and owners, but are open for technical contribution and insights.
During the lunch break, you enjoy a healthy, nutritious meal cooked by our lunch chef and have a chat with your (non-)tech colleagues.
After lunch, you decide to switch to one of the standing desks at the office and continue working on an awesome feature that enables our customers to send messages more quickly and easily. You complete your newly written code with tests - or create acceptance tests before - and assign the issue for review to one of your colleagues. When your code is reviewed and our CI pipeline indicates it’s working, your change is scheduled for deployment.
In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious groups of people working in Amsterdam. We push each other to be our absolute best, and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy getting out of bed every morning.
- Refactor legacy parts of the system to sustain team and company growth. From a purely technical perspective this means introducing modern libraries and approaches into a system that handles heavy traffic in a safe way. What is more important, is educating the rest of the team about this.
- Design a fault-tolerant performant system. We strive for minimal down-time while also processing big spikes in traffic and continuously deploying changes. For this our application needs to be highly-available and that requires certain knowledge when designing systems.
- Teach others. One of the most important roles of a senior engineer is improving the knowledge level of the team.
Skills and Qualifications
- In-depth knowledge of software design
- Experience with refactoring legacy systems
- Experience with test-driven development
- In-depth knowledge of Symfony components
- Grasp of high-availability infrastructure concepts
- Experience with Domain Driven Design (appreciated)
- Experience with high traffic systems (appreciated)
- In-depth knowledge of MySQL (appreciated)
- Experience with Docker (appreciated)
Work with us and build the data driven telecom company of the future! MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you meet these requirements, apply! We look forward to your application letter and resume.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Netherlands - GVVA Work Permit Jobs