|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||July 12, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
Delivery Hero Germany GmbH (DHG) is building the next generation of online food ordering platforms with its brands Lieferheld, pizza.de and foodora. We aim to be the simplest and fastest way to your pizza and fast food by providing a rock-solid, customer centric, amazing take away experience.
Our product and engineering department is always aiming for continuous improvement and innovation, not just to our tech stack and solutions, but also to the way we work. In order to do so, being a friendly and open-minded environment is at our core.
About your role:
The transmission team is responsible for sending the orders to the restaurants, automate error handling, and it's interactions like real time status tracking. We also work on delivery areas and other interesting features of our backend, which is constantly evolving.
You will have a direct impact on high availability systems that are critical to our customers' and restaurant partners' experience and collaborate with our QA, and product management teams to evolve our core product.
Your heroic skills:
- Django, Python 3 and PostgreSQL.
- Experience building asynchronous web services (asyncio or Tornado).
- Experience building and integrating RESTful APIs.
- Ability to deliver clean, tested and well documented code.
- You believe in testing, iterating, constantly learning, failing fast and agile practices.
- Willingness to work in small teams and enjoyment of a diverse work environment.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Knowledge of developing and deploying applications into cloud services especially AWS.
- Experience administering Linux systems.
- Experience using Docker, memcached and Celery.
- You have designed and optimized scalable systems before.
- Monitoring/Alerting/Logging tools (Grafana, NewRelic, Icinga, Splunk…).
- Kubernetes (kubectl, helm, ...).
We offer you:
- A modern, recently refurbished office in the heart of Berlin.
- English is our working language, but our colleagues at DHG come from every corner of the globe providing an incredibly diverse, international working atmosphere with cross-cultural teams.
- We offer flexible working hours to fit around your personal or family life in case you have to drop off your kids at kita or perhaps you just want to come in to work a little later.
- Being part of a global family under the Delivery Hero AG umbrella, we can offer you the safety of a large company including a pension scheme and stability.
- Moving can be stressful so to help you settle in we provide a relocation package including visa help, temporary accommodation and a budget to applicants from abroad.
- Our building has several kitchens where you’ll find fresh fruit, cereals, juice/ drinks, tea, coffee, etc.
- On nearly every floor you’ll find a kicker or table tennis (or a lounge, and even a nap room) for when you need to take a break.
- Being a food-ordering company, in between playing and working hard, we provide a generous number of monthly vouchers to use for ordering food on our platforms when you get the munchies.
- Sprichst du kein Deutsch? No worries, we provide German classes for those expats who want to expedite their integration.
- We know that experience at the office with interesting and diverse problems, colleagues and technologies isn’t the only way to learn, so our employees get an education budget to attend conferences or trainings locally or around Europe to satisfy their pursuit of knowledge.
Have we caught your attention? Then please send us your application including cover letter, CV, salary expectations and earliest starting date. We're looking forward to your application!
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs