|at ( view profile)|
|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||August 5, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a "black box" outside of their control. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility and insight into the now borderless network. It arms them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including 4 of the top 5 SaaS companies, 4 of the top 5 US banks and 3 of the Fortune 5. ThousandEyes is backed by Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, Tenaya Capital and Sutter Hill Ventures, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
Engineering at ThousandEyes
At ThousandEyes, we use cutting-edge technologies and innovative techniques to study and visualize networks on a global scale. ThousandEyes engineers are focused on continuous improvement — of our product, our codebase, our knowledge, and our skills. We believe in innovation, simplicity, and elegance. We work in small, cross-functional teams where everyone has a voice.
Learn more about engineering at ThousandEyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9a_c8yJyzc
About the Role
The goal of the Production Systems team is to have a fully automated and self service, highly scalable, efficient and reliable infrastructure. As a Principal Site Reliability Engineer on this team you will be ensuring the team reliably builds and operates infrastructure, as a code, that keeps the ThousandEyes platform always available.
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years of SRE/devops/infrastructure experience
- A fast learner
- Comfortable working with new technologies
- Exceptional with Go and/or Python and familiar with algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis
- Exceptional with Unix/Linux systems, with experience working with the shell, the kernel, system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols
- Experience with network protocols and theory (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, overlay networks, OSI layers, load balancing, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management systems
- Experience with containers at large scale
- Experience with databases and/or performance tuning
- Experience with distributed systems and high scalable systems
- The will to contribute to open source projects
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs