|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||August 6, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Finland - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
We're looking for a DevOps — Site Reliability Engineer to work closely with the development teams and customer-facing teams to continuously improve, support, secure, and operate our production and test environments.
We believe in automating our infrastructure as much as possible and pursuing challenging problems in a sustainable and repeatable way. Currently, our infrastructure processes petabytes of data every month through hundreds of servers.
Our toolchain is:
- Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, Logstash, Jenkins, Grafana
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch
- Hybrid Cloud: 900+ dedicated servers and Private Cloud, Infrastructure as code.
Our workplace is flexible, and as a part of our DevOps team, you can choose the best ways for you to work, attending development teams dailies and retros that are all located here in Helsinki.
- Production experience with distributed/scalable systems consisting of multiple microservices and high traffic web applications.
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet.
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux operating system.
- Troubleshooting skills that range from diagnosing low-level OS issues to large-scale failures within distributed systems.
- Understanding of how the web works and HTTP fundamentals.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
Bonus points, if you have:
- Good knowledge of at least one programming language. Smartly.io uses Python, Ruby, NodeJS, PHP.
- Experience in containerizing application and deployment to production (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience in SQL, building complex queries and procedures.
- Experience in SQL databases like PostgreSQL, NoSQL stores like Redis or anything in between.
- Knowledge in good security practices, including network security, system hardening, secure software, GDPR compliance.
- Familiarity with automated build pipeline / continuous integration using Jenkins, Hubot, Kubernetes/Docker. With this setup, we're deploying to production 20 times per day!
- Experience building large-scale data processing pipelines.
Benefits of working with Smartly.io:
- Work with the nicest and brightest teammates in a flat organization.
- Competitive salary + option plans.
- Recharge yourself with full 5 weeks of paid annual leave.
- Healthcare insurance/service.
- Wellness and personal development (tools, events, etc.) reimbursement.
- Opportunity to travel to meet Customers, Facebook and Smartlies at our offices around the world via our Developer Rotation program.
- Enjoy weekly breakfasts and quarterly dinners with the team.
What to expect from our recruiting process:
- First meeting: before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Smartly.io.
- Technical interview: we’ll discuss various areas from frontend development to networks, security, and development methods. We’re trying to get a clear overview of your skills and where you could learn more. We don’t expect anyone to be an expert in everything.
- Coding exercise: we’ll be pair programming a simple a Node.js app to make sure that you can also work with code. Previous experience with Node.js is not necessarily required, as the session will be very interactive.
- Meet your future DevOps team to learn what they are working with. After that the final interview with our Chief Product Officer and your team lead.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Finland - Residence Permit Visa Jobs