|Date Posted||August 6, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Finland - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
We're looking for a Software Developer to work with our cross-functional team at the intersection of business and engineering, providing the internal infrastructure for data visualisation and analysis. We work with technologies like
- Message Queues (Redis, RabbitMQ)
- Background Processing (Sidekiq, Sneakers)
- Databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Database Abstractions (ActiveRecord, Sequelize)
- HTTP APIs (REST, GraphQL)
- various languages (Ruby, Node.js, Python, PHP, SQL)
- private cloud (Docker, Kontena.io)
- online services like Salesforce, NetSuite, Periscope and Hubspot
Don't fret if you aren't familiar with our tech stack in advance, although we appreciate if you have experience in the UNIX backend ecosystem.
What you need:
- Love for Ruby, Sidekiq or ActiveRecord, although working knowledge of any modern programming language is fine. Willingness to learn overweights existing knowledge of tech buzzwords.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Experience in designing and consuming APIs such as REST, GraphQL and third party services with each having their own unique differences.
- Experience in digging out details and requirements from different stakeholders and translating that to code.
- Ability to touch frontend code when necessary. Our team doesn’t build much anything frontend related, but sometimes we need to create an UI for things we have built.
As a Software Developer in this team, you will:
- Have a direct impact on what our team should do next.
- Work together with our sales teams, product development and software developers.
- Design and build complete solutions to integrate various backend services together.
- Build and improve our toolset which gathers data from various services and data sources to our Business Intelligence database.
- Peer review other developers’ code right from the start.
- Push code to production during your first week and, if you want to, demo your features at the weekly all hands meetings.
- Participate in our highly technical customer support and help the team to triage bugs.
- Take part in defining our company roadmap and goals in dialog with the leadership.
- Learn more about how engineers work at Smartly.io in this blog post by our Chief Product Officer.
Benefits of working at Smartly.io:
- Work with the nicest and brightest teammates in a self-organizing team.
- Competitive salary + option plans.
- Recharge yourself with full 5 weeks of paid annual leave.
- Paid parental leave.
- Healthcare insurance/service.
- Wellness and personal development (tools, events, etc.) reimbursement.
- Opportunity to travel to meet customers, Facebook and Smartlies at our offices around the world via our Developer Rotation program.
- Enjoy weekly breakfasts and quarterly dinners with the team.
What to expect from our recruiting process
- First meeting: before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Smartly.io.
- Technical interview: we’ll discuss areas relevant to you ranging from frontend development to networks, security, and development methods. We’re trying to get a clear overview of your skills and where you could learn more.
- Meet your future team to learn what they are working with. After that the final interview with our Engineering leads and your own team lead.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Finland - Residence Permit Visa Jobs