|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||September 6, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Digital Experience Hub - Lisbon
Reports to: Engineering Lead
Team Size: <6
Recruiter Name, E-mail: Antonia Samanns, [email protected]
As Senior Backend Engineer in Lisbon you work with Java and Kotlin and specialize on building business partner products that cater to the needs of internal and external customers such as Brands, Influencers and Content Providers.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Build and deliver products that enable internal and external stakeholders to create and manage their digital presence at Zalando, such as by developing campaign management or collections tooling
- Drive the whole development cycle according to its purpose - from implementation to testing and maintaining code in production
- Design and implement scalable systems in an API-first tech environment and operate large-scale monitoring applications on Kubernetes
- Collaborate with your cross functional team and build strong relationships with peers in Berlin and across our other international locations in order to align on the integration of your products into our platform and to discover technical inter-dependencies
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented and functional programming languages such as Java, Scala and Kotlin
- Extensive experience building products with a large user base and running systems in production. Furthermore you have a strong understanding of building scalable architecture and have worked in technically advanced projects such as setting up microservices in a monolithic environment
- A business mindset that strives to balance between product delivery and code quality and that searches for new ways to improve Zalando’s partnerships platform to enhance the overall customer experience
- A mentor that enjoys contributing to the growing Lisbon tech community by sharing knowledge through writing, presenting and mentoring
- Previous experience in working with Kubernetes and Docker is a plus
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback,open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, lunch allowance, private health insurance, great IT equipment, flexible working times, volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, gym discount
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring, personal development opportunities and self-organized, autonomous teams of international tech professionals
- Relocation assistance for internationals
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andlanguages our teams choose to use.
At our Zalando Digital Experience (DX) Hub in Lisbon, we are are building unique and engaging customer experiences. Focusing on integrating the most inspirational external content for our visitors, the DX hub will enable new and unique fashion experiences delivered by third parties. By developing and prototyping new projects within the Digital Experience department, our Lisbon team will shape the future of Zalando and set high standards of software craftsmanship, ownership and excellence.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs