|Location||Dublin 12, Ireland|
|Date Posted||September 6, 2018|
Ireland - Critical Skills Permit Jobs
Location: Globoforce, 19 Beckett Way, Parkwest Business Park, D. 12. Our modern offices are easily accessible by Car, Rail (6 minutes from Park West & Cherry Orchard station), Bus, LUAS and close to shops, restaurant, Gym etc.
Tech stack and tools:
- Java 8, Spring, RESTful webservices, Apache HTTPD, F5 Loadbalancer
- Apache Camel, ActiveMQ, Tomcat 8, AWS EC2 and S3, Docker
- Oracle 12C RAC, PL/SQL, Hadoop, Lucene, Elasticsearch, Jquery, CanJS , webpack,
- Google Analytics, AddrressDoctor, PingIdentity, SAML, OAuth
- Android and IOS Mobile Apps
- Redhat, Cacti, Nagios, Splunk, NewRelic, JMeter
Overview of the role:
Working as part of the Globoforce’s Systems Architecture Team responsible for building out the Architectural strategy of our Products SaaS platform used by some of the worlds largest companies to run their Social Recognition Programs. Globoforce Social Recognition Product is in a very competitive and growing marketplace so we continually innovate and add to our Product’s capabilities with new features and abilities to scale to meet those demands.
About your role:
Working in the core Architecture team on Architectural work that span multiple systems and Teams. This role is key to progressing items in our Architectural roadmap as well as feeding items into that roadmap.
Here’s a flavor of some of the items currently in our Roadmap:
- Moving from a release process where all teams release in tandem 5 – 7 times a year to a situation where teams can release independently on a daily basis.
- Moving from monolithic architecture web applications to a microservices based architecture.
- Identify Application Architecture changes that are required to better leverage the AWS technology stack
Here's just some of what you will be doing;
- Building out POCs, evaluation frameworks and vendors and providing recommendations back to the Architecture team
- System Performance and capacity monitoring/planning
- Cross-system design reviews and governance
- Cross-system library and product upgrade planning
- Review of third party library adoption and licensing
- Documenting and publishing Architectural guidelines
Skills and Experience
- Must have extensive experience as a Java Developer AND recent experience in a Software Architect position.
- Extensive Experience of Tomcat
- Strong Relational Database application development experience.
- Experience with Apache and Linux
- Technical leadership experience; mentoring engineers and performing code/design reviews.
- Experience of Application profiling and performance analysis.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent understanding of OOAD, UML & Design Patterns
- Experience with enterprise integration frameworks and technologies – ESBs, messaging etc.
- Excellent communication skills
Education and Qualifications:
- A Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field, or equivalent work experience
Why should come work here:
- When you work in Globoforce you want to know you’re working with smart people, people that you can learn and grow from, that inspire you to be better. You also want the chance to Innovate right? Innovation happens when you have a continuous change mindset, and a culture that allows each individual team member to present and discuss their ideas. We do it every day in the job and we that’s what Globoforce offers you.
- We actively support your continuous learning and development (Conferences, certifications, communities of practice, career development).
- We strongly value diversity and inclusion and everyone’s entitlement to have a great work life balance. That’s what’s allowed Globoforce maintain to be awarded Great Place to Work for the last 6 years, based on our employee feedback.
- And of course, it helps that we offer benefits such as: Healthcare, Pension, Bonus, Free Car Parking, Globo Innovations programme, catered events and more.
- Your success in this role really matters to us. You will be offered regular coaching and 1-1’ sessions, quarterly training plans, access to our Global online learning tools, and much more, to help you succeed in the role, and in your career.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) Ireland - Critical Skills Permit Jobs