|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||September 8, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Sales team. The position of Sales Engineer (Solutions Consultant) is open to remote employees as well as locals in commuting distance to our Washington, D.C. office.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
About the Role
A thought leader and strategic partner to the Sales Team, you will own all technical and product-related activities required throughout the sales life cycle. Keenly attuned to the buyer’s journey, you are a trusted advisor to the buyer (Provosts, Vice Provosts, CIOs, etc.) and play a primary role in creating larger buy-in across all stakeholders (including functional end users) by architecting buyer vision and mapping it to our product suite. You will engage audiences through tailored, compelling product demonstrations and fully address any functional and technical questions that may arise with professionalism and tact. You will be the product matter and technical expert within Sales and will work closely with other departments to relay product feedback from out in the field, create and maintain the sales demo environment, and help contribute to the development of our product roadmap. This role lives within the Sales department at Interfolio, under the Sales Operations division.
- Platform Evangelist and Expert Product Demonstrator: You have a passion for presenting user-friendly, elegantly designed solutions to decision-makers and large audiences and drawing from user stories.
- Technical Solutions Consultant: You will work closely with the Account Executive team to execute on open opportunities. You are responsible for the technical relationship, discovering and qualifying opportunities from a technical standpoint, addressing the technical questions, and helping drive solutions that leverage the Interfolio product suite.
- Buyer Advocate: A client-centric approach is core to your approach. Creating and cultivating relationships with a diverse group of individuals comes naturally to you.
- Passionate about Higher Education: Your passion for higher education drives you and the work you do. You’re excited to get out of bed in the morning and willing to take on “tiger team” responsibilities that go beyond the job description.
- Deliver tailored, technical product demonstrations both onsite and virtually that showcase the breadth and depth of Interfolio’s products, while expertly navigating through functional and technical questions from decision makers and end users
- Partner with regional AE team members to close customer opportunities
- Assist in scoping conversations and create custom SOWs and detailed implementation plans for prospective clients (in collaboration with Professional Services). Be well-versed in client best practices specifically related back to implementation
- Lead technical conversations with the IT team at prospective client institutions
- Identify and develop product and technical sales assets needed throughout the buyer’s journey
- Ability to assist in proposal writing and IT questionnaire responses for new business opportunities
- Help manage the RFP content management knowledge base
- Build out our sales demo environment (“Sandbox”) for all product modules. Map out the FIS storyline and create new demo scripts
- Partner with internal departments, in particular our Product and Product Strategy teams, to relay product feedback, contribute to product development, and decide how to communicate new releases to prospective buyers and current clients
- Master our diverse product portfolio while being well-versed on the competitive landscape
- Relay new product updates and enhancements with sales team
- Assist with product training of new sales personnel
- Evangelize Interfolio’s approach to providing the first-of-its-kind faculty-centric platform for universities and colleges in all engagements
- Report to Associate Director, Sales Operations
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience--some of our best employees have degrees in non-related fields and are rock stars
- 3+ years of work experience in technology consulting, product management, implementation consulting, software development, and/or demonstrating enterprise SaaS solutions in a sales capacity
- Thorough understanding of SaaS solutions. Technical mindset with an aptitude for problem solving and delivering customer-driven solutions
- Experience with Salesforce
- Be able to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement)
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Willing and able to travel up to 60% of the time
- Experience working for, or delivering services to, universities and colleges are a significant plus
- Prior experience as a sales engineer or solutions consultant
- Technical acumen, i.e. can speak elegantly on SaaS platforms, APIs, data security, etc
- Thrives in an exciting, fast-paced, action-packed work environment - we’re an early stage, high growth company!
Applicants for this position must currently reside in the continental United States. In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited PTO, a wellness benefit, 401k, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart—we look forward sharing more about our company and our team!
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs