|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||September 8, 2018|
Australia - 457 Visa Jobs
About the Role
We are looking for several Senior Software Developers to join our Wealth management team who are responsible for building our award-winning financial planning product XPLAN. As one of our flagship products, it’s been the rated number one in financial planning software for the 10th consecutive year with a global user base. You’ll join a new team whose goal is to rethink our user experience with a new design approach. You'll play a key part in unlocking XPLAN's rich functionality by creating a more efficient, intuitive and delightful user experience for our clients.
- Foster the development of others including teaching and mentoring team members
- Contribute to implementing a DevOps culture including choice of technology and tooling.
- Apply and promote high-quality engineering practices
- Provide relative estimates for the development effort, validate and improve continuously.
- Build quality software using tools such as JIRA, Bitbucket, SonarQube, Artifactory etc
- Contribute to a new AGILE team constantly experimenting with new tools and solutions
- Collaborate with team members in a self-autonomous squad (no bigger than 4 / 5 people) where everyone is involved in product decisions.
- Solve complex problems at scale, developing high performance, web applications with a global user base.
- Join a culture of innovation, participating in our monthly “CodeIT” hackathon
- Work closely with Business Analysts, UX and Product owners to understand business requirements
- Grow your skills through formal training, lunch and learns and by attending conferences. We host the occasional meetup too.
- Enjoy views of the harbour from our brand new Barangaroo office. Includes collaborative working spaces, games area, meditation room and café.
Our team welcomes new ideas and you'll join during a time of exciting change as we explore cloud-based infrastructure (AWS), Continuous Deployment (TeamCity), Microservices and DevOps practices. We’re open to Full Stack as well as Backend Engineers.
- Experience as Senior Software Engineer, Senior Developer, Senior Full Stack Software Engineer etc.
- Backend development skills using Python or other languages such as Java, C++, Ruby etc.
- Solid understanding of security, web standards and architecture
- Ability to communicate clearly and can explain complex concepts to non technical staff
- Willingness to mentor and work with developers at all levels of experience
- Ability to understand both functional and non-functional requirements of a solution which are built for scale
We recognize and reward hard work and celebrate our successes over a Friday afternoon drink and at various socials throughout the year. We don't sweat the small stuff either, our dress code is as relaxed as we are. As well as local charity events and initiatives, we hold global days and activities to make the most of our global strength and diversity. This includes a yearly global hackathon! We may be one of the largest financial software providers, but we haven't forgotten our roots; we've kept the entrepreneurial spirit and agility that defined our early years - it's something we continue to look for and admire in our people.
- Flexible working
- Subsidized health insurance
- 3 days leave per year to participate in charity initiatives
- Access to various learning and development programs.
- Up to 26 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers (up to 4 weeks for secondary carers) and the ability to work part-time when returning to work.
Want to have a significant impact in one of Australia’s fastest growing technology companies? If so please apply – we look forward to hearing from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at IRESS. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) Australia - 457 Visa Jobs