|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||September 8, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and leading the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Product team! The position of QA Manager engineer is a remote position within the continental United States or can be based out of our Washington, DC office.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
Interfolio is seeking a proven QA Manager that is passionate about building great SaaS products for Higher Education. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of leading and mentoring a team of QA engineers, building and developing test plans, automating tests, and supporting feature development through active participation in an Agile work team.
- Develop manual and automated test plans and scenarios
- Develop in-depth product knowledge in order to advise on risks and quality improvements
- Evangelize automation and assist other QA team members through mentorship, tutorials, and writing scripts to speed up their manual testing efforts
- Partner with cross-functional core stakeholders across Product Development & Product Management to lead the QA direction, facilitate key technical decision points
- Ability to commit to road maps with capabilities and timelines using the agile methodology for new product and technology evaluation and introduction
- Align QA to business strategy, and proactively drive a product development direction throughout the organizationWork with the agile team to support product launch and rollout activities
- Conduct internal communication of planned QA activities and report status to internal teamsIdentify gaps in the quality assurance and testing processes, generate solutions, and drive continuous improvement
- Collaborate to ensure high quality, timely product releasesReproduce client issues and work with developers to resolve
- Recommend and implement process improvement
- Manage direct reports, helping them juggle multiple projects and manage their time on short- and long-term projects
- Support the long-term career development of their direct reports; helping them build their skills in software testing
- Define quality assurance requirements and performance benchmarks for multiple sets of major product components as necessary
- Work closely with Product & Engineering to ensure that all deadlines and goals are met, as well as quality software is released on schedule
- 7+ years of experience in QA roles - manager experience required
- Experience with regression test automation (via Cucumber) and continuous integration or continuous delivery
- Experience testing REST services
- Extensive experience with Cucumber
- Knowledge of how to communicate quality metrics during a release cycle
- Passion for quality and improving the user experience
- Strong engineering delivery and execution track record, with proven experience around design concepts, development, integration, testing, etc
- Deep understanding of QA methodologies including triaging, debugging, automating, and testingBe able to proactively engage in sprint and release planning to ensure inclusion of QA requirements and that the QA workload is sustainable
In addition, you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Have a strong interest in higher education, startups, and/or SaaS technology
- Be able to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement).
- Live within the continental US -- position can be remote or in-office (engineering team is mostly remote with a strong team culture)
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs