|Date Posted||September 8, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Tenna is searching for a Lead Developer to join our team. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. You will develop code as well as manage the work assignments and lead the development team to design and deliver finished, high quality, and compelling features and products on time.
- Produce quality code that is scalable, maintainable, efficient, reliable and secure.
- Design and rollout of new features and analyzing (and reacting) to the results you discover from our system services and user feedback.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code with full-stack development
- Optimize existing functionality for improved response times.
- Conduct Product Testing and Quality Control.
- Brainstorm with the team to flush out new ideas and investigate tricky issues.
- Collaborate with the team to design, develop, unit test, and support new features
- Use creativity to search for the best solution, while building for the end-user.
- Assist in building a team.
- Consistently deliver readable, maintainable and efficient code
- Performance tuning, testing, refactoring, usability, and automation
- Participate actively in Scrums, sprint planning meetings, and sprint retrospectives.
- Rapidly mockup a proof-of-concept implementation of an idea and present to internal stakeholders
- Stay informed of new tools, libraries, and best practices and sharing ideas with the team for continuous improvement of the tool-chain and development process
- Support, maintain, and help document software functionality
- Work with other departments, stakeholders, and customers on software development, improvements, internal tools, and implementation issues
- Handle Git merges
- Heroku deployment and management
- 5+ years experience as a Developer
- 3+ years experience with Ruby on Rails or similar MVC frameworks
- Ability to lead and manage work assignments for remote and local developers
- Significant experience with Git and GitHub including managing branches, merges, and administration
- Experience with managing Heroku deployments
- Ability to translate product requirements into functional code.
- Ability to estimate the scope of work for sprint planning (i.e. T-shirt sizing)
- Top-notch programming skills
- Strong development experience
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical group, clearly and concisely.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience implementing open source software. Open source contributor a plus.
- Understanding Web Application Security
- Understanding of software development practices and life-cycle
- Agile, lean, or similar development methodologies/experience
- Distributed version control (git) and regular deployments
- Experience in Database Design and Concepts (Postgres, MySQL)
- Understanding of media monetization, trafficking, and ad-operations
- Familiarity with writing Regular Expressions
- Web standards, Responsive design, and cross-browser compatibility using jQuery, AngularJS / Ext JS or similar
- Self-motivated and able to work in a small team with minimal supervision
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability
Additional Technical Experience
- Paradigms such as Concurrent Programming, Object-Oriented Programing, Test-driven development (TDD), Behavior-driven development (BDD), Agile software development, Scrum , Prototype-based OOP
- Platforms such as Heroku, and Amazon Web Services
- Linux-Ubuntu experience. Shell scripting, python a plus
- Experience with RESTful APIs implemented in Ruby a plus
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with C/C++ a plus
- Wants to build something meaningful, always with the end-user experience in mind
- Is a forward thinker, obsessed with good software design and best practices
- Is serious and professional. Our desire is to build a lasting enterprise
- Brings passion, innovation and problem solving to every endeavor
- Has a preoccupation with staying on top of industry trends and new technology
- Desire to be personally responsible for production-level code
- Possesses ingenuity to leverage all available tools and resources
- Communicates well, both written and verbally
What you need to know:
- Fulltime, onsite.
- Current location: Edison, NJ
- Full MDV benefit package, supplemental benefits, and 401k plan offered.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs