|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||September 8, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Poland - Work Permit Jobs
Love staying ahead of the growth curve and experimenting with new software and environments? Join the Jira Cloud Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team in Gdask to work with systems serving millions of users worldwide. You will implement and maintain solutions that operate at scale - see your efforts directly improve the reliability of Atlassian products.
What you will do:
- Work side by side with the Jira Cloud development team to maintain and improve our systems. Get your hands dirty with the Jira's code!
- Gain deep technical knowledge of our services, build tools for automation, improve SRE processes and, most importantly, have fun doing it. We guarantee you’ll not be bored!
- Deal with monitoring and alerting, configuration and capacity management, disaster recovery planning and execution
- As part of a global team spread across different time zones, you'll provide round-the-clock coverage for Atlassian's Cloud services running in AWS. You will need and use skills and the quick-decision making ability to deal with incidents
- Investigate and sink your teeth into why something did not work the way it should - and prevent it from happening again
- Drive a reduction in work interruption (firefighting) and constant increase of services quality
What we expect from you:
- Strong knowledge and 3+ years working experience with Java and JVM
- Good scripting skills (Python is our default preference) - we don't want you doing repetitive work!
- Minimum 2 years of hands on experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Rackspace Cloud
- Diagnosing and resolving problems in high-throughput web applications and network services. Diagnosing and troubleshooting user facing service outages
- Deep expertise in monitoring of distributed systems. Exposure to system and application level telemetry for large distributed Cloud architectures
- Exposure to and maintenance of configuration management and orchestration tools at scale
- Creative and innovative problem solving skills with a willingness to take responsibility for the code you write, from concept all the way to production
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English (both spoken and written)
- A collaborative spirit - in our world, it’s not about being a hero and having all the answers, it’s about sometimes saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption
What we can offer you:
- Impact! Atlassian tools are used by millions of users around the world
- A lot of opportunities to grow around people from Gdansk, Sydney, Mountain View, San Francisco and Amsterdam
- Work in a world that is based on values such as honesty, truth, openness, and respect for the customer
- Opportunity to build/grow your personal presence by speaking publicly at various events
- Education Bonus (you choose what kind of training you would like to spend it on)
- Ergonomic and user friendly equipment (computers, office desks and Aeron chairs)
- Fully equipped kitchen (coffee, tea, yogurts, cornflakes, sodas, sweets at your disposal)
- Are you into traveling? Here's your opportunity to visit Australia or U.S.
- Private medical healthcare fully covered by Spartez
- Life insurance fully covered by Spartez
- Multisport card 50% covered by Spartez
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Poland - Work Permit Jobs