|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||September 10, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
Yelp is a website and mobile app that makes it easy for users to connect with awesome local businesses. Founded in July 2004, Yelp has taken root in countries across the globe, making it the leading local guide for real word-of-mouth on everything from boutiques and mechanics to restaurants and dentists.
Our Hamburg office is located in the heart of the city and brings with it the unique advantages of booming international teams, all of whom share the same floor and are brought together by the same goal: empowering Yelp’s products for business owners.
We love interns at Yelp! If you’re a university student (undergraduate or graduate) and are looking to gain experience at a top-ranked tech company and do real work, then this is the place for you. Join us as an intern and have a real impact on our mobile apps, yelp.com, or our services for business owners.
What You Will Do:
- Design intuitive, elegant interfaces that will be used by millions of Yelp app users
- Work with our all-star engineering team to hone and iterate on your ideas
- Identify, analyze, and prioritize new site features
- Manage the design/build/test/release process from end-to-end
- Strive for design perfection but love to release and iterate
What We Are Looking For:
- Techie cred: CS or similar degree/experience so you can talk to our engineers about Python, map reduce jobs, and naive Bayesian algorithms without a translator
- Design chops: while Yelp PMs hold technical degrees, we're also passionate about design and have either experience or interest in building beautiful sites or apps, and you should, too
- Passion about the space: you love the world of social networking, local search, and consumer websites
- Non-nerd empathy: you're interested in Hacker News, Twitter, etc. as much as the next nerd, but you also recognize that you're designing for a non-techie audience
- A conditional love for Yelp: like a BFF or football coach, you should love us but also be able to tell us what we're doing wrong; you'll need to be able to dish out the criticism and take it, too
- A need for speed: daily release cycle? Bring it!
What We Offer:
- A flexible, full-time internship; start in 2019, we only ask for a minimum of three months
- Fair compensation, reimbursement of your round-trip flight, and help with relocation
- A fun yet professional atmosphere on a diverse team
- Frequent check-ins with your manager and mentor, who will coach you throughout your professional development
- Flexible working hours, regular hackathons, and learning groups
- Free snacks, drinks, and more!
Send us a note sharing why you fit the requirements above and ideas on how you would improve Yelp!
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs