|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||September 10, 2018|
Singapore - PEP Work Visa Jobs
What you’ll be working on?
- Help us help to scale our product to impact millions more customers
- Take ownership of the entire TransferWise user experience for our Asia Pacific region, helping to make their international transfers faster, easier and cheaper (this covers: banking; payment processing; verification; compliance & marketing)
- Integrate payment methods and partners, creating a scalable and automated payments engine
- Understand our customers and the impact our product is making (through data analysis and user research) to drive our team and product roadmap.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop your expertise in the fast-growing FinTech market in Asia while growing our new engineering office in Singapore
- Choose your path to success - you’ll have the freedom to define the vision & the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work and learn with our dev teams in London, Tallinn, Budapest, New York and more
A bit about you:
- You’ll be passionate about product and user experience - customers are at the heart of what you do and that empathy drives your decisions
- You’ll have used a back-end MVC Framework, Java/Spring Boot preferred;
- You’ll have previously developed a modern front-end framework. Angular.js is preferred, but experience with Backbone, Ember, Knockout or React is also relevant
- You’ll have experience working with SQL DBs, writing custom queries and designing schemas
- You’ll have an understanding of test-driven development (TDD) and the desire to write tests
- You’ll be familiar with Continuous Delivery approach mindset
Some extra skills that would be awesome:
- You’ll have experience with commercial software development and may have built modular scalable systems
- You might have used DB abstraction layers like Hibernate or messaging services (Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, JMS etc)
- You have knowledge of payment platforms, foreign exchange and highly complex systems
- You have a broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product (MVP)
For a sneak - peek into our Engineering world check: http://tech.transferwise.com/
A bit about TransferWise:
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At TransferWise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work:
At TransferWise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organised in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
At TransferWise we believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form, or drop us an email at [email protected] You might need a reasonable adjustment if you’ve got a disability. Or maybe you live overseas, and you’d prefer to meet us over Skype.
Please don’t send anything to the adjustments address if you’re a recruiter, or if you’re making a speculative application. We do work with recruiters from time to time – but only through LinkedIn. And we only accept job applications when a position is actually open. So you’re better off just checking the recruitment pages regularly.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) Singapore - PEP Work Visa Jobs