|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||September 11, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
The challenge: Building services around a containerized data science environment
- Our mission is to combine sophisticated data science with a great user experience. Our flexible data science environment enables businesses to create interactive, data-driven decision tools and automations.
- This environment gives data scientists a flexible, consistent, and simple collaborative tool based on Docker containers orchestrated in Kubernetes. Use cases can be implemented in a large variety of languages (Python, R, Go, Scala) and are deployed as stateless functions that can easily be composed into powerful data pipelines.
- We are planning to open-source our data science environment during the course of this year.
Go, Docker, Kubernetes, Git
Being fluent in Go is important. Ideally you have worked on complex applications, maybe even something that has been open-sourced. Since your target users love to work with Python and R, any familiarity with these tools is also a nice bonus.
We highly appreciate experience in:
- Software engineering
- A solid familiarity and expertise in Kubernetes
- A working knowledge of monitoring and deployments in production environments
Who we are:
- Contiamo is a fast-growing, Berlin-based tech company.
- We are tech-driven and keep a close watch on recent scientific developments and emerging technologies. We love open-source. We are a very international team with interesting people from all over the world (95% of us have relocated to Berlin).
How we work:
- We strongly believe in the importance of uninterrupted time to get stuff done and quality over quantity when it comes to working hours. We prefer to keep our schedule meeting-light and work in a library-like atmosphere during our core working hours.
- We believe the ability to give and receive constructive feedback and express divergent ideas is crucial to making innovation come to life. We live a very open discussion culture and prefer the evaluation of ideas based on merit over top-down decision making.
- We strongly believe in ownership of one's features, from spec to implementation to operation. We also understand that ownership comes with a sense of responsibility towards others that depend on the results of our work.
- We believe that everybody should be able to find meaning in their work. We match assignments based on both ability and individual interests and discuss your progress and individual needs every 3 months.
- We don't see people as "resources" and genuinely care about each other. We also understand that there's more than fancy perks and cool events to people's satisfaction and engagement. We continuously work towards an environment providing a lot of autonomy, transparency and development opportunities and rely on everybody's feedback to hold us accountable for maintaining our high standards.
We see the interview process as a mutual opportunity to get to know each other — at eye level. That's why we always strive to respond within hours, not weeks.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs