|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 9, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 6 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app was named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, as well as a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness.
About our team
At Blinkist building a state-of-the-art technical backbone upon which we can build data-driven business processes has been a focus from day one. Maintaining our robust data stack that enables the analytics team at Blinkist to run the needed complex transformations without a glitch and the business stakeholders to have constant access to accurate insights is and has always been our biggest priority.
With the analytics team focusing on ever more complex projects and the dependency on timely data growing exponentially, we decided that our AWS Redshift data warehouse and the ecosystem it sits within needs a full-time guardian.
You will be supporting the analytics team as a subject matter expert on how to best put our organically grown data model and data warehouse setup into shape that will not collapse under the complex transformations that we need running to fuel our business decisions.
As part of the analytics team, you will be sitting within the engineering and data circle whose purpose is to keep the technical backbone of Blinkist alive, while building the right tools, the right way, in the right time. Our development cycle is as follows: we build lean solutions, we measure system behavior, we learn from it and then iterate. To get a sneak peek, read more about how your future colleagues Tomek, Anatoli and our working students think about working here at Blinkist.
As our DWH Engineer you will:
- Own our AWS Redshift data warehouse and its ecosystem and bring it to the next level
- Challenge our existing data model and grow it as new data sources and needs arise
- Work in Matillion to optimize the way we transform our data
- Provide expertise to our analysts regarding how they can utilize AWS tools and Matillion functionality for their projects
- Participate in architectural decisions to help Blinkist BI tech grow to the next level
- Be part of a highly motivated team of engineers and analysts
To do this, we believe you should have:
- IT-Engineering in your DNA: Diploma, M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree in Computer Science, IT, Electrical Engineering or related fields
- 5+ years experience in running and shaping SQL-based data warehouses
- A profound experience of AWS Redshift
- Solid knowledge of approaches to ETL/ELT
- Experience with Matillion for Redshift
- Knowledge of the tools that live within AWS ecosystem
- High sense of accountability towards delivering performance and stability
- Team player that is eager to provide help when needed
What's in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs