|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 9, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 6 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app received the World Summit Award, granted by the United Nations, in the Learning & Education category, as well as a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness. Why do we need you? Our web assets have always been a core column in our business success. As we’re starting to scale the team of engineers, we need a dedicated person to grow our web team and extend the group with professionals from the field of web engineering. This is your chance! We want you to set up, lead, and drive a team of web engineers to help us take Blinkist to the next level. As our Engineering Manager Web you will:
- Empower and grow our web engineering craft providing informed and professional recommendations on methods, technologies, and tools that best fit our business goals
- Build and lead a team of talented and motivated engineers and develop the team through coaching, mentoring, and feedback
- Work closely with our cross-functional team, product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to ensure our web team delivers high-quality work on schedule
- Develop an effective engineering culture, advocate and advance modern software development practices together with Product Managers
- Work effectively with the Marketing and Product team on planning and delivering on our product roadmap, defining key milestones and translating them into manageable projects and tasks
- Work with the recruiting team to attract, onboard, and retain high-quality tech talent to scale our engineering operations
To do this, we believe you should have:
- Expertise - you’re an experienced technologist with 5+ years of experience in the field of Web and/or Software Engineering; You’ve developed a solid understanding of the architecture of web applications thanks to a number of successful products you’ve built or scaled.
- Leadership experience - you’ve built and managed teams of engineers. You love developing and growing people, helping them achieve their full potential, inspiring excellence and innovation in others, while keeping in close touch with your technical-engineering self.
- Strong critical thinking and a result-driven mindset - you constantly challenge the status quo, coming up with innovative and elegant solutions to improve engineering delivery and output, driving our technology forward to stay ahead of the market.
- Strong work ethics and communication - we value transparency and open communication. We solve problems before they arise and don’t let tensions get in our way of working together towards our shared purpose. You will lead by example, embracing our values and nurturing our unique culture in the way you lead, develop and grow your team.
What’s in it for you? At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work. We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication, and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of Engineering Manager Web, but we want this role to grow with you. If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs