|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 9, 2018|
European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs
Delivery Hero is building the next generation global online food-delivery platform.
We’re a truly global team, working across 45 countries to ensure our customers are able to find, order and receive their favourite food in the fastest way possible. Since we started our journey in 2011, Delivery Hero has become the world’s largest food-delivery network, and we’re focused on a culture of growth, in both size and opportunities.
If you’re an enthusiastic, innovative problem solver, hungry for a new adventure, an exciting job and an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
- Support an established team of engineers in their day to day development experience, their personal development, and long term career growth.
- You’ll develop an application powering our optimization of delivery areas and coverage, which requires data analysis both on the API backend and on the database level.
- Be responsible for a set of applications completely owned by the team - we give our teams a great deal of autonomy in technical decisions and you will be expected to leverage the team’s skills and knowledge, but also to bring in your experience and insight.
- The applications you own are deployed globally to many brands belonging to the Delivery Hero family, you will work with a tech stack running 24/7. Fortunately, you will come to a stable environment, but it’s something we all actively take care of.
- We are heavily invested in automation and continuous integration and it has become a cornerstone of all of our processes.
Your heroic skills:
- Leadership skills - an emphatic and respected leader.
- Passion for Python and its mindset.
- You know how to go deeper in an RDBMS and optimize a tough query, we Postgres w/ PostGIS for a lot of our geo calculations.
- Possibly experience with a cloud setup: our compute platform is primarily Kubernetes providing us a great service and we are heavily reliant on AWS, we automate the provisioning of nearly every resource.
- Being comfortable with microservices architectures, API-based and event-based communication.
- You are a pragmatic programmer who understands what is needed to get things done. We have learned that finding abstractions working in the future is hard and we.
- You believe in cross-functional teams and know that responsibility does not end with deployment.
We offer you:
- English is our working language, but our colleagues at Delivery Hero come from every corner of the globe providing an incredibly diverse, international working atmosphere with cross-cultural teams.
- A modern, recently refurbished office in the heart of Berlin.
- We offer flexible working hours to fit around your personal or family life in case you have to drop off your kids at kita or perhaps you just want to come in to work a little later.
- Great career opportunities following our development career plan.
- Being part of a global family under the Delivery Hero umbrella, we can offer you the safety of a large company including a pension scheme and stability.
- Moving can be stressful so to help you settle in we provide a relocation package including visa help, temporary accommodation and a budget to applicants from abroad.
- Our building has several kitchens where you’ll find fresh fruit, cereals, juice/ drinks, tea, coffee, etc.
- On nearly every floor you’ll find a kicker or table tennis (or a lounge, and even a nap room) for when you need to take a break.
- Being a food-ordering company, in between playing and working hard, we provide a generous number of monthly vouchers to use for ordering food on our platforms when you get the munchies.
- Sprichst du kein Deutsch? No worries, we provide German classes for those expats who want to expedite their integration.
- We know that experience at the office with interesting and diverse problems, colleagues and technologies isn’t the only way to learn, so our employees get an education budget to attend conferences or trainings locally or around Europe to satisfy their pursuit of knowledge.
- Every Friday we have a team integration, when we just stop working earlier, grab a beer and relax with colleagues.
- Sometimes we just enjoy our times together with team events and company events.
Have we caught your attention? Then please send us your application including cover letter, CV, salary expectations and earliest starting date. We’re looking forward to your application!
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) European Union - EU Blue Card Jobs
2) Germany - Residence Permit Visa Jobs