|Location||West Hollywood, CA|
|Date Posted||October 10, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Revel - Social is a pre-series A startup. Its membership-based community brings together global influencers and leading innovators across a wide range of industries. Connecting individuals who share a common curiosity to enjoy social experiences and manifest their visions for a better world, REVEL is a first of its kind innovation transcending the average social networking app by providing the tools needed to both attend and plan exceptional events.
You will be responsible for helping to build our Rails backend and administrative interfaces to efficiently orchestrate events. In addition, you will play a fundamental role in influencing our company operations and tackling the difficult challenges we face. This is an opportunity to participate in the design & integration of scalable server architecture from the ground up.
We are a team of experienced founders and know what it takes to succeed.
- B.S. or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
- Extensive experience developing server side solutions in Ruby on Rails
- Experience designing and building restful API's
- Extensive experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL or MySQL)
- Knowledgeable with MVC frameworks and related concepts
- Solid understanding of OOP principles, design patterns, data structures, and striving to apply best practices
- Professional experience working with Git and continuous integration
- Writes unit tests and is familiar with TDD
- Passionate about code readability, maintainability, extensibility, and modularity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- Deep knowledge in one or more of: relational databases, caching strategies, data analytics, DevOps
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs