|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Radnor Township, PA|
|Date Posted||October 10, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
About the Cloud Operations Team
The "Cloud Operations" organization at Syapse is responsible for the Cloud platform that enables healthcare providers to bring precision medicine to every cancer patient today. This organization is responsible for the platform reliability, Information security, customer support, innovating user experience leveraging Cloud technologies and improving product delivery excellence.
We’re now in the process of scaling our platform and expanding access to precision cancer care. Because most cloud technologies aren’t HIPAA-compliant, we often build from the ground up. Our autonomous, feature-focused scrum teams work in two-week sprints and own projects end to end, while our domain-based guilds encourage collaboration across teams.
As Syapse continues to grow, we’ll expand our use of Docker containers on Kubernetes, micro-services, CI/CD tools, automation frameworks, Cloud capabilities on data visualization and data metrics tools to expand the scalability features of our platform. And we’ll do that while prioritizing collaboration, ownership, and career progression. Our belief is the focus on building a reliable high performing Precision Oncology platform will help doctors deliver the best cancer care.
About the role
You will join our Cloud Engineering team in developing efficient, scalable and resilient infrastructure and product features. The Cloud Engineering team overlaps the development and operations functions of the Syapse platform. We work closely with Development, Product and Service Reliability Engineering teams management teams to take a feature from design through to production in an agile, cross-functional team to deliver an industry-leading precision medicine platform.
We primarily work in AWS and leverage Kubernetes, Terraform and SaltStack. We make extensive use of a Python/Django/Postgres stack. Other tools and platforms that we work with are Jenkins, CircleCI, New Relic and Sumo Logic.
Some things you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with the development and Cloud Engineering teams to:
- Deliver rock solid infrastructure leveraging Kubernetes and AWS SaaS/PaaS services.
- Design, implement, manage and orchestrate Docker Container Clusters using Kubernetes.
- Scale out several orders of magnitude to handle both the vast quantities of data, and the increasing number of users.
- Improve reliability and efficiency by developing internal or leveraging 3rd party tooling and services.
- Bring projects from all the way from conceptualization to development to deployment
What you bring to the table
- You enjoy collaborating across teams and work well in a cross-functional environment.
- You thrive working in a fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You bring strong analytical and problem solving skills along with a strong sense of ownership and personal accountability
- Broad experience with a public cloud such as AWS leveraging Terraform
- Experience working with Docker containers running on Kubernetes
- Strong Skills with Python or similar language.
- B.S in Computer Science or related technical field; or equivalent practical experience
Bonus points if you
- Experience with MVC or MVCS frameworks such as Django
- Knowledge of healthcare datasets
- Sensitivity to healthcare data
- Having worked in regulated industry
- Experience migrating from an EC2 based platform to containers in Kubernetes.
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs