|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 11, 2018|
United States - H1B Visa Jobs
Lead Software Engineer
Keysight is launching a Software Development Center in Atlanta, chartered to create a new generation of software for electronic product design and test by customers around the world. The new center will be located in Atlanta’s growing Midtown district and will feature an open environment to foster collaboration and support an agile software development approach. With its proximity to Georgia Tech, the center will attract top talents in computer science, artificial intelligence and systems programming, and electrical and computer engineering. You can join our mission to make a real difference through rapid solution development and deployment, turning measurement science IP into killer apps, on a hardware/OS agnostic, modern C++ foundation, delivered into an always-on, everywhere available, app store ecosystem.
We are seeking tech leads with a passion for software innovation to lead Agile software development squads on projects including data management, data analytics, cross-OS platform, data visualization, data streaming, embedded systems and cloud computing.
You will lead an Agile squad to turn innovative ideas into robust software, and solve complex design and implementation problems.
You will explore and champion new technologies, applications and software practices. You will lead changes within the team and across the organization. You will apply modern software engineering practices such as design reviews, code review, unit testing and usability testing.
As a Tech Lead, you will take ownership to mentor entry level engineers and guide their technical learning and growth. You will work with fellow tech leads and senior architects to make key technical decisions to deliver high performance, robust quality and testability, and usability.
Qualifications: Essential skills required of this position are:
- A Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent field.
- Five years or more of experience in software engineering work. The length of working experience is less important than your ability to demonstrate advanced software coding skills, a solid grasp of software architecture and evidences of sophisticated results produced.
- Proved leadership skills to inspire people, communicate clear visions and objectives and strategy, lead changes and confront poor performance, and deliver on commitments.
- Well-versed in modern techniques in object-oriented design, design patterns, and C++ 11 standards
- Passionate about intuitive use model and working knowledge of GUI development
- Solid experience with software development toolset (IDE, graphical and numerical libraries, performance and memory usage profilers, etc.)
- Leadership skills to work effectively within a team with positive influence over the team
- Being versatile, a quick learner and a critical thinker
Desired knowledge and experiences:
- Windows and Linux platforms
- Modern software development process that has quality and testability designed in
- Programming for mobile devices or web browser
- Multi-threaded programming
- Python, Matlab, HTML, OpenGL, WebGL
Open to assisting the right candidate with the following Visa(s) / Work Permit(s)
1) United States - H1B Visa Jobs